Front strut replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoc915

Reaction score
I got a leveling kit installed where I was told that the two front struts were blown. I never took it down anything that could possibly do that. The strut does have some oil but it's not gushing out. And I don't have that bounce after accelerating from a dead stop or that continuous bounce after going over a bump I have a few questions:
Should I get a second opinion?
Should I just get brand new struts or refurbished ones?
Will it be better for me to get the exact same ones or a newer version and how can I find the ones that fit?
And where should I buy them?

D

Deleted member 12951

First off get rid of the leveling kit. Get your SHOCKS rebuilt and have them set them to mid-perch. You will be all set and ready to go.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the guys at Forged. Not only do the have complete rebuilding and tuning services but they also have an exchange program to minimize down time. And yes get rid of the leveling kit and go mid perch. If you would rather rebuild your shocks yourself then just search on here and the thread will provide step by step instructions.

http://werebuildshocks.com

If your shocks are leaking in any amount then they need rebuilt. A rebuild is a much lower cost upgrade than new stock shocks. At that cost you may as well upgrade to a larger shock body that is adjustable. If you put on anything that is not at least stock quality then you lose performance and are basically defeating the purpose of the original design. Good luck.

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
As has been said...leveling spacer on top of the shock = BAD Juju. The reason for that is it allows too much droop and will stress your upper control arm ball joint.

As for shocks, there's a sticky in the Gen1 suspension section for DIY as well as the Shock exchange. There's other places and people depending on where in the country you live as well.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors don't have struts. This hurts my soul.

Get your shocks rebuilt. How many miles do you have on it?