Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify things for people that might think the shock noise over bumps isn't a normal condition. I got the Special service message (SMM) hope this helps out.

21667 SVT RAPTOR - SHOCK ABSORBER NOISE OVER BUMPS
2010-2011 F-150 SVT RAPTOR VEHICLES ARE EQUIPPED WITH UNIQUE HIGH-PERFORMANCE FOX SHOCK ABSORBERS DESIGNED FOR SEVERE OFF-ROAD USE. SOME CUSTOMERS MAY BE CONCERNED WITH BOOM, CHIRP OR CLUNK NOISES FROM THE FRONT OR REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS MOST OFTEN HEARD OVER SMALL, SHARP BUMPS IN THE ROAD SUCH AS FROST HEAVES, POTHOLES, OR EXPANSION JOINTS. THIS IS A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC ORIGINATING FROM THE HYDRAULIC MOTION OF THE FLUID AND INHERENT TO THE UNIQUE DESIGN OF THE SHOCK ABSORBERS. IT IS NOT CAUSED BY CONTACT OF ANY SUSPENSION COMPONENTS, NOR WILL THIS CONDITION HAVE ANY DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON THE LIFE OF THE SHOCK ABSORBERS OR SUSPENSION. DO NOT ATTEMPT SERVICE TO CORRECT THIS NORMAL CONDITION.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/07/2011

GMNOMORE

Reaction score
Yep that is the party line BS from Ford. I got one just like it. AND it is still bull for a $50k vehicle rattling around like mine does.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I know if I turn my stereo off I can hear the clunk. Only in past cold months temps from 30above to -38 below. I have driven new f-150 not raptors and have noticed the clunk with standard coil over as well. I know Ford considers it normal and it isn't something people like to hear. When I don't have the stereo on I usually have my wife yelling at me in the passenger seat so I don't really notice the sound anymore.

Convert

Reaction score
I had the clunk/rattle in the right front (could even feel it in the gas peddle) had both shocks replaced and now, for about 2,200 miles no noise, all good so far

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new crew has this issue,going in on the 20th for work.It is a real issue if you look for it on this board and zboard.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
My noise is definately not shocks. I ignore that noise.
I broke something - and I'll let y'all know what it was once Ford finds out and fixes it.

lkytx1

Reaction score
My front springs rattle and chatter, the shocks chirp and squeal and the exaust noise above 5000 revs in 4 hi locked in thrid gear is somwwhat excessive and all kinds of strange noises come from the rear under hard brakeing. All of this is on hard pack gravel and rough sandy roads and trails that sometimes really aint there.. Sometimes my GF squeals or screams but only when the truck is sideways or airborne. And the windows rattle if you open and close the doors when they are rolled down. This is a high performace off road truck with over 400 horse power, soft springs and aggressive shocks. If you want to drive up and down the blvd and style and profile and a few clunks and rattles bother you dont buy this truck. Pleanty of pu$$yfied sport trucks and chick rides out there, go get one.

maque

Banned
Reaction score
My front springs rattle and chatter, the shocks chirp and squeal and the exaust noise above 5000 revs in 4 hi locked in thrid gear is somwwhat excessive and all kinds of strange noises come from the rear under hard brakeing. All of this is on hard pack gravel and rough sandy roads and trails that sometimes really aint there.. Sometimes my GF squeals or screams but only when the truck is sideways or airborne. And the windows rattle if you open and close the doors when they are rolled down. This is a high performace off road truck with over 400 horse power, soft springs and aggressive shocks. If you want to drive up and down the blvd and style and profile and a few clunks and rattles bother you dont buy this truck. Pleanty of pu$$yfied sport truck parts and chick rides out there, go get one.

thanks for this one. im planning to get one by tomorrow for i am having the same problem. glad saw this post :) till next time! :peace:

Last edited by a moderator: