Front end clunk. Anyone ever find cause?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxRaptor6.2

Reaction score
I'm sorry I know this topic appears often. But can find no real answers that apply to my ongoing problem. Truck has a very annoying clunking from the front end when going over any bumps. It's been at the second dealership I've gone to for 13 days now. This is my 9th time to take it in. Ford just wants to blame it on the Fox shocks and do nothing. Many calls to Fox techs and they all say a clunk is not normal. Other sounds yes, but not clunking. Ford escalated issue to district manager. But can't even get a returned call in a week. If anyone has been successful in resolving the cause, please reply. I've even paid to have 2 shops check front end and tighten all bolts to specs. If you have the same issue and found a solution or been able to rule out the shocks, please reply. This has gone on since 9k miles. Its a 2010 6.2 now at 50k miles with a very easy life. Feel like I'm driving an old hunk of junk. Also if you have this issue and would like to join in with my struggle to get ford to make this right, please reply. ( only somewhat common resolution I've found is to shim lower passenger shock bolt. But dealer says they don't shim shocks).

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to check is the fender liners. They have a lot of stuff attached to them and are flimsy as hell. I found them making a lot of noise when i tapped on them with my hand. I added a lot of sound damping material to quite it. The left one seems to be the worse.

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what yours sounds like, but I have had the noise since the test drive and I've been told some is normal. In fact Ford even puts it in their supplement on page 5.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry I know this topic appears often. But can find no real answers that apply to my ongoing problem. Truck has a very annoying clunking from the front end when going over any bumps. It's been at the second dealership I've gone to for 13 days now...

Send me your info so I can look into this, TxRaptor6.2. In your PM, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll see what I can to do to assist.

Crystal

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have video of this sound? I've been chasing down an odd noise also. Does it primarily during acceleration or deceleration but it's hard to hear while accelerating. It's not a leak either.