GEN 1 Front camera shows rear

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Whenever I try to activate my front camera (in off-road mode and locking the differential or in 4lo) the rear camera comes on instead. Putting it in reverse does activate the rear camera as it should.

Anyone seen this issue before and how did you fix it?

I do not have the NAV-TV. I did at one time but had it removed over a year ago and pretty sure the front camera was working then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Drive in reverse while in off-road mode. You're welcome.

That's really goofy though.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking when the NavTV was removed they hooked up the camera connection wrong?

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I try to activate my front camera (in off-road mode and locking the differential or in 4lo) the rear camera comes on instead. Putting it in reverse does activate the rear camera as it should.

Anyone seen this issue before and how did you fix it?

I do not have the NAV-TV. I did at one time but had it removed over a year ago and pretty sure the front camera was working then.

I had this exact same issue with my truck. The previous owner removed the front camera when they sold it so I replaced it with the OEM part from Ford. After connecting it, I had the exact same behavior you are describing. When I disconnected the front camera, the rear camera would work as expected. The Ford dealership had to "reset" the front camera to get them both working properly if I recall correctly.

Aksubiedubie

Reaction score
How did you fix it?

My camera had a rock chip in the lens so I got a new cam from tasca, except it was a couple months earlier assembly date (same part no).

Front and rear camera WERE working fine, but after replacing (and getting a new set of admin IKT keys w/ resetting the dash key count), now the front camera stays on while in reverse.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

How did you fix it?

My camera had a rock chip in the lens so I got a new cam from tasca, except it was a couple months earlier assembly date (same part no).

Front and rear camera WERE working fine, but after replacing (and getting a new set of admin IKT keys w/ resetting the dash key count), now the front camera stays on while in reverse.

In my situation, when the NAV-TV unit was installed, you have to splice into the wires leading to the camera in the engine bay. The NAV-TV was removed about a year ago but the splice came loose and I had to remove the wires extended into the cab and solder the original wires back to together like it was before it was installed. Once I did that, the front and back cameras worked as intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free