Front Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a new member and just picked up my 2012 Silver Raptor. It did not come with the front facing camera in the grill. Does anyone know if you can add it later through a local ford dealer? It was the only option that it did not come with and it would really be helpful if I had one. The grill has the mounting bracket for it but I don't see a wiring harness. Thanks

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that this question has ever been asked before. Welcome to the forum and I am sure with a deep-enough pocket (like anything with these trucks) anything can be done! Would be nice with a plug-and-play install and a computer re-flash!

OP
OP
GvegasRaptor

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is suppose to show up in my display under truck settings but it is missing that icon and is suppose to when enabled be able to view in the large display in the dash just like the rear camera as long as you are going less than 5mph.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that this question has ever been asked before. Welcome to the forum and I am sure with a deep-enough pocket (like anything with these trucks) anything can be done! Would be nice with a plug-and-play install and a computer re-flash!

If that's all it took... we'd all have front cameras!

(the plug and play part... my pockets aren't deep enough)

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Under the hOod on the twelve raptor do you have an empty connector by where you front camera should go?

OP
OP
GvegasRaptor

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be stupid here but do you mean an a electrical connector or the mount in the grill where the camera should go?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Yes. If there is putting on front cam might be easier then you think. If it doesnt Im assuming the wiring harness is on hood if you trace that wire harness back to its connection count the wires on each side. There might be chance the wires are already ran for the camera.