Ford Techs please help! Camera broken, dealership tryna rip me off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At least he's willing to give you the truck back without charging the diagnostics fee. I'd take it and run.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was sent to San Antonio, and taken to dealership I bought it from this morning.

I will provide details here, if anybody wnats to know the latest of my BS

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing worse than getting a runaround from a worthless dealership is throwing an aftermarket warranty company in there.

That is TWO red flags.

Good luck.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly, sounds to me like whoever wrote up the repair order got confused, they saw a non-camera to camera conversion and assumed that was the repair kit for the truck, and diagnosis is required whether the customer comes in swearing up and down it's some specific thing or not, technicians have to verify that is what is actually wrong with the vehicle, customers usually don't care that they came in saying something was the problem when it turns out it's not, I'd say the guy realized you were getting irritated with how it was being handled and would rather have you go down the road to the next dealership than continue with the line of questioning and have you end up even more irritated, just some humans making mistakes and trying to make up for it, remember no one is perfect

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd dealership is only charging $80....

$50 for the deductible (cant help that)
$30 for Ford emblem (breaks un installing)

All labor, Wiring harness, and camera ALL COVERED!!!

Should have the truck back before friday.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd dealership is only charging $80....

$50 for the deductible (cant help that)
$30 for Ford emblem (breaks un installing)

All labor, Wiring harness, and camera ALL COVERED!!!

Should have the truck back before friday.

need to send out a letter to that dealers general manager asking why you had to go to another dealer to get the correct repairs done. love to see that reply.