Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

This is a discussion on Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Is there any other fuses or relays other than the relay under the hood and on the cross member by ...

User Tag List

Like Tree209Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue
Is there any other fuses or relays other than the relay under the hood and on the cross member by the spare tire? I've changed both of those and the fuel pump but my truck still will not start.

I've tried both keys, unhooked the battery for over an hour and even tried changing tunes but still no luck. It will turn over but not fire off, when i turn the key on i don't hear anything coming from the fuel pump.

It's a 2011 Screw with 116k miles on it. Only performance mods are SCT livewire TS and AFE cold air intake.

billybob974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Have you tried metering at the fuel pump to see if it's getting juice?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

RPG likes this.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Our fuel system does not have a return line, so when the fuel pressure is achieved the pump will shut down.
If the truck has been off for a while, and you turn the key the pump may run for a few seconds before pressure is achieved.
And I've tried but I can't hear it run on first turn of the key in the morning and I upgraded my fuel pump to a larger capacity one.
There are a few threads about cranking and not starting, do a search using the search tab on the forum not the internet.
It seems the alarm is the most likely suspect, then the BCM. From what I've been reading.

I believe I never heard of a fuel pump failing!!!

Have you done a spark test?
Any codes showing on your Tuner tool?

Do you have both keys and fob's?
Replace batteries and try starting with both keys next to the steering column.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 12-31-2014 at 01:22 PM.
MTF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Also check the fuel control module.
MTF likes this.
J DAMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Have you tried metering at the fuel pump to see if it's getting juice? No I haven't tried that, I'm not so good with the electrical side of things.

Our fuel system does not have a return line, so when the fuel pressure is achieved the pump will shut down. When i pulled the tank to change the pump, fuel drained out of the lines where I disconnected them at the front of the tank. I was thinking since this happened, once i had everything back together I should've heard the pump kick on to build pressure.

Have you done a spark test? To see if it's getting spark at the plugs? No i haven't.

Any codes showing on your Tuner tool? No, I scanned it even though its not throwing a CEL.

Do you have both keys and fob's?
Replace batteries and try starting with both keys next to the steering column. Yeah i did that. Tried both keys in the ignition and by remote start.

Also check the fuel control module. Yeah i changed that too after changing pump didn't fix anything.

I'm just going to bring it to my mechanic down the road this weekend so he can hook it up to the proper computer and tell me whats going on. It just baffles me that it was driving fine one day then the next day it won't start.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

You could try something easy to narrow it down to fuel problem or spark problem, but dont get crazy, you could give it a hit of starting fluid, pop the air tube off at the throttle body, just a small hit to see if it fires on the starting fluid, if it does you have a electrical problem or connection going to the fuel pump, if it doesn't fire on the starter fluid, you have no spark.

Last edited by J DAMAGE; 01-05-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by J DAMAGE View Post
You could try something easy to narrow it down to fuel problem or spark problem, but dont get crazy, you could give it a hit of starter fluid, pop the air tube off at the throttle body, just a small hit to see if it fires on the starter fluid, if it does you have a electrical problem or connection going to the fuel pump, if it doesn't fire on the starter fluid, you have no spark.
Ok cool, I never even thought of trying it that way. I'll give that a shot tomorrow...well depending on how tonight goes I might be too hungover and it'll have to wait until friday.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by billybob974 View Post
Ok cool, I never even thought of trying it that way. I'll give that a shot tomorrow...well depending on how tonight goes I might be too hungover and it'll have to wait until friday.
Just be light on it, so you don't possably flash back yourself, you could also use a spray bottle with gas, but caution bottle may get soft and leak with gas in it.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by J DAMAGE View Post
Just be light on it, so you don't possably flash back yourself, you could also use a spray bottle with gas, but caution bottle may get soft and leak with gas in it.
Yeah I've had that happen to me before in other applications. Red solo cups get soft pretty quick too!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by billybob974 View Post
Yeah I've had that happen to me before in other applications. Red solo cups get soft pretty quick too!
Just take caution, best of luck to you, have a great new year.

Last edited by J DAMAGE; 12-31-2014 at 08:24 PM.