Few Problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Noticed just lately when I pressure wash my truck the back seat/back door and back of the headliner gets covered with water a bit, looks to be coming from the third brake light ( I have around 80 000km on my truck but got extended warranty till 150 000)... Second problem is going over rough areas there is a shitload of noise, some sounds like its loose door panels inside the truck but the majority sounds like its the "hollow box" sound, so not sure if its shocks, springs or what ( I haven't had my shocks serviced yet, I have noticed it does seem to be a rougher ride a tad since the KM's have gone up too ) especially going over washboard roads it just wants to kick the truck off to the side basically and sounds really loud in the box area. Third problem is the voice command on the steering wheel quit. The third brake light would it be a quick fix I can do or a dealership thing? The rough ass end/noise problem any ideas of that? If its any of the problems you can think of would it be covered under warranty still at least? As well as the voice command button, would that still be warranty?

Thanks.

OP
OP
GitErDunn

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
It's every time now that i've noticed, felt the seam of the slider and it doesn't seem to be going through there, felt up into the back part of the headliner a little and its wet up there.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Water can get in under the 3rd brake light at the bottom of the lense if you are pressure washing upwards there.
Maybe your speaker wire for the voice command came loose?
These 2 items you can check yourself in less than an hour with some simple tools. Get off the computer and go fix this stuff :)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately the nav voice wouldnt be a speaker wire. it is supposed to play from both the left and right side front speakers. if it stopped altogether, then there are other issues

FordServiceCA

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Noticed just lately when I pressure wash my truck the back seat/back door and back of the headliner gets covered with water a bit, looks to be coming from the third brake light ( I have around 80 000km on my truck but got extended warranty till 150 000)... Second problem is going over rough areas there is a shitload of noise, some sounds like its loose door panels inside the truck but the majority sounds like its the "hollow box" sound, so not sure if its shocks, springs or what ( I haven't had my shocks serviced yet, I have noticed it does seem to be a rougher ride a tad since the KM's have gone up too ) especially going over washboard roads it just wants to kick the truck off to the side basically and sounds really loud in the box area. Third problem is the voice command on the steering wheel quit. The third brake light would it be a quick fix I can do or a dealership thing? The rough ass end/noise problem any ideas of that...

Thank you for sharing your issues, GitErDunn. I highly recommend booking an appointment with your dealer. Please get back to me with the complete diagnosis and booking arrangements; I’ll see what I can do.

Kwasi