Fan problems:/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btb5987

Reaction score
Hey,
So I recently bought a 2013 raptor and have been driving it a good amount and everything was normal. This morning I was off-roading and ended up getting stuck in a creek for about 45 min. Everything was fine after except for now my fans will turn on full power frequently no matter what the engine temp is. My question is, what could I have screwed up that caused this?

Thanks in advance

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is it the condenser fan? because i think if you are blowing air to the windshield you will have your compressor cycling.

once that happens there is generally a fan cycle that happens on the back of your radiator or condenser or somewhere.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
is it the condenser fan? because i think if you are blowing air to the windshield you will have your compressor cycling.

once that happens there is generally a fan cycle that happens on the back of your radiator or condenser or somewhere.

What? No “Dude, that is totally unacceptable for a $40k truck” ?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What? No “Dude, that is totally unacceptable for a $40k truck” ?

Nut hugging isnt a job for anyone. glad you have taken to it so well.

side note, you do understand how quotes work right?? well obviously you dont lol.....

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the electrical connectors at the fans and spraying with WD-40. Maybe some water got in the connectors.

OP
OP
btb5987

btb5987

Reaction score
I figured it out. Supposedly they were previously bad connections and when I unplugged and replugged them in to do my power steering they actually got connection haha

Sorry for such a late response I got locked out for awhile