FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any update issues with the 800 trim?

Thanks,
HAP

jweigand

Reaction score
Link for Sync chat support to report the problem

I reported the problem to Ford via chat support for Sync. They said other owners have reported the problem and they are working on it. I'm supposed to receive a follow up call within 3 business days. The more people that report the problem the faster it will get fixed. Here's a link to the Sync chat support. They will ask you for your VIN.

Live Chat

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reported the problem to Ford via chat support for Sync. They said other owners have reported the problem and they are working on it. I'm supposed to receive a follow up call within 3 business days. The more people that report the problem the faster it will get fixed. Here's a link to the Sync chat support. They will ask you for your VIN.

Live Chat

Keep us posted please.
Thankyou for the update

OP
OP
o-townFLA

o-townFLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are the man......!!!!

for anyone who went through with the 3.8 update and has the lincoln splash screen and wants to revert back to their raptor splash screen. Using the following method i was able to reinstall my raptor graphics.

Do this at your own risk... I am not responsible for any issues you may encounter...

Copy the following files/folder to your usb drive (or if you still have all your files on your usb drive simply delete the extra files in the syncmyride folder and just edit the autoinstall.lst):
Autoinstall.lst
dontindex.msa
syncmyride

in the syncmyride folder the only file you will need is the ea5t-14f496-ma.zip file which contains the raptor specific splash screen files.

Once the files are copied edit the autoinstall.lst file. It should look like the following:

;;;
;;; the following tags are software versions supported by this update
;;;

[syncgen2_3.08.15128]
item1 = ea5t-14f496-ma.zip
open1 = \syncmyride\ea5t-14f496-ma.zip
options = autoinstall

that should be it, pop the usb in and away you go. Update takes seconds to complete since only the splash screen files are being copied over.

I added screenshots below. 'untitled' is the root of my usb drive. Ignore the shaded files as those are system files that i have unhidden on my machine.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

The above worked like a champ! Super stoked!

NorhternILRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Live Chat

I called the day after I upgraded and the cs rep took my info and put me on a 'list' to notify me when the issue was fixed. Guessing it was a line of b.s. to just get me off the phone. Never asked for my vin or anything. The resolution is extremely easy and there is no way it should take them this long to issue a patch. Ford software engineers are either buried in other work or just don't feel like taking ownership of the issue and fixing the problem. I can't imagine their SDLC is so antiquated that they can't respond in a timely manner.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

You are the man......!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

The above worked like a champ! Super stoked!

Glad it worked for you!