FAIL!!! Sync Gen2 V3.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjm5837

Reaction score
I'm scheduled to go into dealer tomorrow for update. Have these issues all been addressed and resolved?

Chris_in_PA

Reaction score
Sync Update Link

Folks,

Recently joined the Raptor Nation

Does appear the link for the Dropbox is no longer active :(

Had my Sync updated shortly after I bought the truck...and yeah, it's Presidential :(

Anyone tell me how to get the download so I can put the Raptor back on my screen?

Thanks,

Chris

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok updated

I'm having difficulty upgrading from 3.4 to 3.8
it keeps telling me i have a usb error and for me to Re-download from the website. I have tried 3 different usb. I think there is something wrong with the download. Does have anyone have a work version of 3.8 they can share?

20160719_191156.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe I need to wait and it's still installing ?

I succesfully updated. However it says successfully updated to 3.7
What is the 3.8 everyone is talking about?
20160719_204031.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NEVERMIND the website shows i have 3.8 uploaded. Disregard

Last edited:

jweigand

Reaction score
Updated links

Folks,

Recently joined the Raptor Nation

Does appear the link for the Dropbox is no longer active :(

Had my Sync updated shortly after I bought the truck...and yeah, it's Presidential :(

Anyone tell me how to get the download so I can put the Raptor back on my screen?

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris, I posted that dropbox link and I took it off earlier not thinking about it... here are two new links that contain a file from my computer matching the one of the dropbox link. I hope this is the edited one.

Link 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zets0y5t6l25zxm/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=0

Backup: https://mega.nz/#!RENElJJZ!iZoqJOJ5cOLxKwmoz-9hGOiYasUkyYrsepswBKmruHQ

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently Ford pulled the update as I had been putting if off for a while and saw they removed the download entirely. At owner.ford.com, it says "Your Sync is up to date" despite looking in the truck settings and seeing 3.4. Talked to an online chat rep and they said Ford pulled it with no ETA on being re-released.

Last edited:

Chris_in_PA

Reaction score

Well, thanks for putting the update out there. Shortly after I posted to this thread, I set up an appointment with the local dealership. Seems they have to take a laptop and do whatever they have to do....and about 30 or so minutes, and no charge later, got the Raptor Splash screen back.

Though, I'm still of the mind to send a nice note to Ford explaining that for a pricey vehicle as the Raptor, they would sure be smart to listen to their customers, less they start to see sales dropping....though neither GM or Chrylser/Fiat seem to be in the same league as far as this truck goes....

Now, where to start on my upgrades....definitely thinking CAI and possibly tune and something a bit more...throatier exhaust wise..

Chris

ldennison

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update here, since I just talked with Ford about the sync upgrade as well. The original patch referenced earlier in this thread requires Sync to be at version 3.8 already. Like cgibs89 said, Ford took down the upgrades from their site. So, no one can upgrade Sync right now apparently because 3.8 "had numerous issues". I asked about upgrading to 3.7 (because I'm on 3.2 and having Bluetooth sync issues), but that's a no go from Ford too. No updates are available for anyone regardless of which version you're running. I also asked about 3.10 (because that's listed on the Ford MyTouch page on Wikipedia as being released in Nov 2016), but the rep literally told me "we're not supposed to talk about that version" and that it will "eventually be released but we have no date set". I have no idea which genius thought all of this was a good idea. For now, I'm going to take my truck into a dealer to have them upgrade it to solve the Bluetooth issues. The Ford rep told me the dealer will install the new 3.10 version. I plan on arguing heavily if they try to stick me with that cost, but who knows what will happen. If anyone knows how to get a hold of the 3.8 or 3.10 upgrade files regardless of Ford taking them down on the syncmyride.com site, please let me know.

TylerBees08

Reaction score
Still haven't heard back from Ford. I asked my kid to dig into it. He found the Ford patch that fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7 The patch is identical NorhternILRaptor's fix. My kid edited the patch so that it would work on 3.8 and uploaded to Dropbox. Click on the link below to download-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudpw21egyq6yr8/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=1

You don't need a Dropbox account to download. Click the x if a Dropbox log in screen pops up and you don't have an account.

Again, this is the official Ford Patch for 3.7. The only change my kid made was was one line that referenced the software version. We popped the USB with the edited patch into my truck and as mentioned before it literally took 2 seconds to update. Lincoln logo is gone. Raptor logo is back.

Instructions:

This only works if you have already updated to version 3.8

Download the file from the link above.

Unzip contents to blank USB (formatted to FAT32)

Plug in to Raptor

Files will auto install and prompt when finished.
Can't access the link? :( mine has been upgraded for a while and shows the Lincoln splash screen... where can I go to download the files? I know how to edit and do all of that but I can't locate the files... I already have 3.8 installed so on the sync website it shows no update available

bprsnt

Reaction score
Sync 3.8 Patch

I had installed the sync upgrade 3.8 on my 2014 Raptor and have been stuck with the Lincoln screen since 2015.
I have talked with Ford's service department a couple times and was told they had no idea how to fix this issue.
I know should have addressed this right away myself but put it on my list of things to do.

I have read this entire tread a couple times and tried to edit the sync download 3.8 and install it but the screen has a message error.

I was trying to find the update patch for 3.8 but it is removed from dropbox.

Does anyone have a link I could find the patch?