GEN 1 Exaggerated lean

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Fully aware of the notorious raptor lean with a full tank of gas. I am currently sitting at half tank and will run it low and measure again. But this time the lean seems more than usual. The bed it loaded with a spare and one underneath. A jack, 24 gallon action packer with some tools, two empty jerry cans and a full #10 CO2 tank. In this picture there is no second spare in the bed. There is an inch difference per side. Is one of my leafs flattened? How can you tell, they look the same to the naked eye?

47a052b0026f92d8e8863a8dbef8611c.jpg

7ba541354bd6784be07b93fd999c93a3.jpg

ab21fe2f645c62961e4526627140c218.jpg

I have been to Baja and TRR this month.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I have experienced Raptor lean ever since I did my shock rebuild and installed Deaver +2's back in December, which I didn't have before the rebuild/Deaver install. With my chase rack and some gear... about 250lbs in the bed I measured the passenger and drivers side from the ground to the center of the rear flare. It was around 44.5" on the passenger and 43.25" on the drivers side. The lean was noticeable.

I made a mistake with going with +2 instead of +3 and corrected that issue with Deaver a few weeks ago by re-arching to +3 with a load leaf. I still had the same amount of Raptor lean at 45.5" and 44.5" and Deaver arched 5/8" more on the drivers side that made little difference.

Over the weekend I was at the ROC shop where we did a Flutter Stack upgrade to my shocks. All four were removed and upgraded with the ROC Stage 1 build. After the shock re-install my Raptor Lean was practically gone.

We now believe the shock pressure was off on both rear shocks, especially the drivers side. After the shock rebuild back in December I had a small leak that was fixed a few days later. The pressure gauge at the shop was dropped and the housing was cracked. Could that have led to charging the shock with the wrong pressure?

Anyway, with both rear shocks charged to 250psi in the rear with a full tank of gas I show no visible Raptor lean. After a day of fun in the desert my rear settled a bit at 44" pass and 43.75" driver.

If I were you I would check shock PSI.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I guess I can get that checked out. How can one tell if the leaf spring on the driver side is sacked out or not?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Thought it was a spring problem, replaced with Deaver +3 and the problem is still there. Drives me nuts every time I see it from the rear.