Escessive moisture in one headlight - Ford wont replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So over the last few weeks I've been getting more and more moisture build up in ONLY the passenger side headlight assembly. Its bad enough now that if I took the truck to get inspected it would most definitely get failed for safety.

I contacted my Ford dealer today regarding it and was told that Ford would not fix it under warranty. The factory 3 year warranty expired one month ago, and I'm still under the millage limit. I do have the Ford Extra Care warranty until 12/19/18 but they state its not covered. Cost out of pocket to replace (through them) would total in excess of $1000.

So has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do....

Here's the right/left headlights.

7A79E10A-7F4A-485D-9D22-ECB5060159D4_zps0syy2xqk.jpg

F936652C-E985-49EA-8E01-C7C02584C0EA_zps7lsh41s3.jpg

- Travis

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats crap that they wont fix it.
Have you tried to escalate the issue with Crystal?
If your handy, you can take the light apart, clean and re-seal. They can get baked in the oven to split the glue.
Do a you tube search on HID/LED headlight upgrades. There is a ton of tutorials on how to get them apart.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is still in full warranty, I have one taillight that gets moisture in it every so often. Took it to Ford, they didn't replace, say if it will clear up, all good. Still haggling with them. Sucks that companies can do this! Years ago had a Harley that would sometimes get moisture in speedo, same thing, put in sun or heat or give a little time if clears, not gonna fix.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So over the last few weeks I've been getting more and more moisture build up in ONLY the passenger side headlight assembly. Its bad enough now that if I took the truck to get inspected it would most definitely get failed for safety.

I contacted my Ford dealer today regarding it and was told that Ford would not fix it under warranty. The factory 3 year warranty expired one month ago, and I'm still under the millage limit. I do have the Ford Extra Care warranty until 12/19/18 but they state its not covered. Cost out of pocket to replace (through them) would total in excess of $1000.

So has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do....

Here's the right/left headlights.

7A79E10A-7F4A-485D-9D22-ECB5060159D4_zps0syy2xqk.jpg

F936652C-E985-49EA-8E01-C7C02584C0EA_zps7lsh41s3.jpg

- Travis

I would suggest calling Ford Customer service and explain your situation. They might help you out.

MMiller

Reaction score
New to the forum and relatively new Raptor owner (2017).

I realize this is an old post - but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen or had this problem.

Driving home the other day - I noticed my passenger daytime running light stopped working. I get home, restart the truck and the light comes on. Then the next day, light goes off again and comes back on with both low and high beams on. If the sequence was faster it would look like wig wags on a police car. Then it shuts down and then comes back on with just the high beam on. I cycled through light modes and toggled high beams and now it just stays in high beam.

I did notice some moisture in the casing, but realize this somewhat normal - but it's only on the affected light, so thinking it's a short?

The service tech this morning said if its wiring related they'll be able to fix, but if it's a housing replacement he'll need to take pics and send to corporate for review. What the heck are they reviewing? The truck has less than 14K miles on it and still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. There are no modifications to the light that I'm aware of. If it doesn't work as intended, fix it!