Engine Oil Pressure Low came on and Engine Cut Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Storm96

Reaction score
I need some advice or input. I have a 2014 6.2 Raptor and I was backing down a very steep incline due to trees that had blocked my way and I could not turn around due to the tight conditions. Halfway down the hill my low oil pressure light came on and the engine cut out. I put it in park and restarted. I kept the rpms up just a little and then put it in reverse and started my descent again. Near the bottom it happened again (light on engine cut out). Didn't bother me too much (actually did) until yesterday when I started a pretty fast turn around on one of our hills in the neighborhood, put it in reverse (on pavement) backing back onto the main road (nose pointing up the steep hill). I came to a stop, put it in drive and again it happened. This time on a main road! I was glad I ensured that there was no traffic or I would have been a sitting duck. My bad, but really blew my confidence! I have not called Ford yet but wanted to know if anyone had insight!
Thank you,
Storm96

OP
OP
S

Storm96

Reaction score
As soon as I got home (both times) I checked, on a level surface, and the oil level was correct/full.
Thank you for the response.
Storm96

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposition would be that the engine stalled (for whatever reason) and THEN the oil light came-on.

How was your fuel level? *Low? ... Would mean the possibility of fuel starvation during your descent.

dunno.gif

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
This happened to me on a steep incline towing a Rap back to the pits at TRR. Rolled back down. Hit it again with more momentum and didn't have a problem. (Was in 2wd at the time and did t want to do excessive damage to the road).

I have yet to have an issue since.

OP
OP
S

Storm96

Reaction score
Sorry to take so long to reply, I have been on the road. The fuel was over 1/2 tank and when I checked my oil level, on an even/level surface, it was full on the dip stick.
Just for kicks, is there a larger (more powerful) fuel pump and or larger oil pump that could be put on if these are acutally the reasons or contributers making the engine to cut off on such a steep grade at low RPMs?
I am having heartburn with the possibility of being in a real situation that the engine cutting off unexpectedly could be dangerous. Like in a controlled decent on some of the trails back home (middle of nowhere) instead of just being on a real steep road on the back side of town.
Thanks,
Storm