Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

This is a discussion on engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!! within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Replaced it on mine a couple months ago. Installed a oil pressure gauge at the same time. I first got ...

User Tag List

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #141 (permalink)

jef
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Replaced it on mine a couple months ago. Installed a oil pressure gauge at the same time. I first got the oil pressure low alarm once a day, after a couple days it was every 10 seconds.

jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #142 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jef View Post
Replaced it on mine a couple months ago. Installed a oil pressure gauge at the same time. I first got the oil pressure low alarm once a day, after a couple days it was every 10 seconds.

Guessing it helped? Lol

Same part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #143 (permalink)

jef
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

[QUOTE=BearLeeAsian;1035168]Guessing it helped? Lol

Same part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same part and didn't get the message again.
I replaced the sensor without removing the skidplates. Not the smartest way to do it.
jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #144 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Wife and kid was out in my truck and making a slow left hand turn in intersection truck died, no power steering and LOP. She was upset and scared and tried to push truck as it wouldn't start in middle of intersection then got it to kick over. Came home scared and upset. I checked the truck over, drove it, checked for codes and no issues and all was fine. Truck is a 2013 with 40k miles and has a Roush/VMP blower tune for last 5k miles.
biturbomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #145 (permalink)

Got to express my gratitude for this site being here, for 305raptor post, and the 86 cent answer to an imagined expensive nightmare.

Had the "engine dies with low oil pressure warning" issue several times before idiot check engine light also lit up. Expected to take it to Ford dealer to learn of any error codes, spend lots of money, etc.

But the mention of fuse #27 by 305raptor saved my bacon. Was burned but couldn't tell if it was allowing current through, but since replacing it...no problems whatsoever! Who'd of thunk a $.86 fuse would resolve all issues with my "high dollar" truck. As we say in TX...yeeehaaaaa!

But while I'm here, had my ac/heater fan motor start making noise, thought rats or snake would be found as we live in rural area, but when mechanic walked in with this, no one knew what it was or where it came from. Anybody here recognize it?
Attached Thumbnails
raptfan.jpg   raptfan1.jpg  
'Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #146 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

2013 Ford Raptor SuperCrew 27953 miles Oil change 2 months ago. Oil life still at 69%. I went with the recommended Ford Motor Company synthetic and Ford Motor Company oil filter. I was on my way home from work about 10 minutes into the drive. I went to take off from a stop light and I got through the intersection and had an immediate reduction in power the truck was stuck at 1,000 RPMs and would not do anything but slowly creep forward at 5 miles an hour I limped to a lighted parking lot about a half block away as my low oil pressure light came on and a wrench icon on the dash I shut it off popped open the hood I check my oil level transmission fluid level power steering level and everything was well above tolerances I could find no problems and when I got back in the truck and started it it ran fine all the way home also just scan the system and no error codes so are you saying that all of these problems are the result of a bad fuse?

Old 01-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #147 (permalink)

Youbetcha! Spent $.86 for my #27 at wallyworld and haven't had a problem since. May be an underlying issue I should have addressed, but truck runs as good as ever, no problems, changed oil once since then, and still no problems. Use some caution removing #27 as mine was burnt/brittle and came out in pieces.
'Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #148 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 'Smith View Post
Got to express my gratitude for this site being here, for 305raptor post, and the 86 cent answer to an imagined expensive nightmare.

Had the "engine dies with low oil pressure warning" issue several times before idiot check engine light also lit up. Expected to take it to Ford dealer to learn of any error codes, spend lots of money, etc.

But the mention of fuse #27 by 305raptor saved my bacon. Was burned but couldn't tell if it was allowing current through, but since replacing it...no problems whatsoever! Who'd of thunk a $.86 fuse would resolve all issues with my "high dollar" truck. As we say in TX...yeeehaaaaa!

But while I'm here, had my ac/heater fan motor start making noise, thought rats or snake would be found as we live in rural area, but when mechanic walked in with this, no one knew what it was or where it came from. Anybody here recognize it?
Low pressure cap aka service cap aka charging valve cap for a/c?

Last edited by Raptized; 01-11-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Raptized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #149 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Well f $&# me. Fuse is trashed. How freaking dangerous. This seems like something I will get a letter in the mail for for a class action suit after enough people die.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #150 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is such a common and potentially stranding issue. Makes me glad I went ahead and proactively changed this flawed set up and fixed with the fuel pump fuse relocation mod.
03Cobraraptor is offline   Reply With Quote