engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced it on mine a couple months ago. Installed a oil pressure gauge at the same time. I first got the oil pressure low alarm once a day, after a couple days it was every 10 seconds.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced it on mine a couple months ago. Installed a oil pressure gauge at the same time. I first got the oil pressure low alarm once a day, after a couple days it was every 10 seconds.

Guessing it helped? Lol

Same part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife and kid was out in my truck and making a slow left hand turn in intersection truck died, no power steering and LOP. She was upset and scared and tried to push truck as it wouldn't start in middle of intersection then got it to kick over. Came home scared and upset. I checked the truck over, drove it, checked for codes and no issues and all was fine. Truck is a 2013 with 40k miles and has a Roush/VMP blower tune for last 5k miles.

'Smith

Reaction score
Got to express my gratitude for this site being here, for 305raptor post, and the 86 cent answer to an imagined expensive nightmare.

Had the "engine dies with low oil pressure warning" issue several times before idiot check engine light also lit up. Expected to take it to Ford dealer to learn of any error codes, spend lots of money, etc.

But the mention of fuse #27 by 305raptor saved my bacon. Was burned but couldn't tell if it was allowing current through, but since replacing it...no problems whatsoever! Who'd of thunk a $.86 fuse would resolve all issues with my "high dollar" truck. As we say in TX...yeeehaaaaa!

But while I'm here, had my ac/heater fan motor start making noise, thought rats or snake would be found as we live in rural area, but when mechanic walked in with this, no one knew what it was or where it came from. Anybody here recognize it?

Attachments

• raptfan.jpg
    raptfan.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 61
  • raptfan1.jpg
    raptfan1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 60

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCrew 27953 miles Oil change 2 months ago. Oil life still at 69%. I went with the recommended Ford Motor Company synthetic and Ford Motor Company oil filter. I was on my way home from work about 10 minutes into the drive. I went to take off from a stop light and I got through the intersection and had an immediate reduction in power the truck was stuck at 1,000 RPMs and would not do anything but slowly creep forward at 5 miles an hour I limped to a lighted parking lot about a half block away as my low oil pressure light came on and a wrench icon on the dash I shut it off popped open the hood I check my oil level transmission fluid level power steering level and everything was well above tolerances I could find no problems and when I got back in the truck and started it it ran fine all the way home also just scan the system and no error codes so are you saying that all of these problems are the result of a bad fuse?

'Smith

Reaction score
Youbetcha! Spent $.86 for my #27 at wallyworld and haven't had a problem since. May be an underlying issue I should have addressed, but truck runs as good as ever, no problems, changed oil once since then, and still no problems. Use some caution removing #27 as mine was burnt/brittle and came out in pieces.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to express my gratitude for this site being here, for 305raptor post, and the 86 cent answer to an imagined expensive nightmare.

Had the "engine dies with low oil pressure warning" issue several times before idiot check engine light also lit up. Expected to take it to Ford dealer to learn of any error codes, spend lots of money, etc.

But the mention of fuse #27 by 305raptor saved my bacon. Was burned but couldn't tell if it was allowing current through, but since replacing it...no problems whatsoever! Who'd of thunk a $.86 fuse would resolve all issues with my "high dollar" truck. As we say in TX...yeeehaaaaa!

But while I'm here, had my ac/heater fan motor start making noise, thought rats or snake would be found as we live in rural area, but when mechanic walked in with this, no one knew what it was or where it came from. Anybody here recognize it?

Low pressure cap aka service cap aka charging valve cap for a/c?

Last edited:

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well f $&# me. Fuse is trashed. How freaking dangerous. This seems like something I will get a letter in the mail for for a class action suit after enough people die. 2ac29c5b6b572f502086c767c06c678b.jpgda8ff0208672a000fab1ed46efff8f2f.jpgab3bf1a29d932ab55d2f92c34669080d.jpg

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is such a common and potentially stranding issue. Makes me glad I went ahead and proactively changed this flawed set up and fixed with the fuel pump fuse relocation mod.