Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

This is a discussion on engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!! within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Someone reassure me that this isnt serious. I was backing out of my driveway which is at a upward angle. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

aka Raptor_Al_41

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!
Someone reassure me that this isnt serious. I was backing out of my driveway which is at a upward angle. I turn the wheel right at the top once on the road. Power steering seized up and engine shut off. On my information display(2011) it said low oil pressure. I turned the key and it started right up. My gas was at 29 to Empty. I just drove 25 miles from my town to ft. Payne and havent had a single problem since. I run 93 fuel. It has 13000 miles and i believe 29 % oil life left. Any advice would be appreciated

www.raptorcustomembroidery.com
Call/text - 256-599-6040 Email - [email protected]
Leather wrapped center consoles, embroidery and laser engraving.
Raptor Embroidery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Raptor_Al_41 View Post
Someone reassure me that this isnt serious. I was backing out of my driveway which is at a upward angle. I turn the wheel right at the top once on the road. Power steering seized up and engine shut off. On my information display(2011) it said low oil pressure. I turned the key and it started right up. My gas was at 29 to Empty. I just drove 25 miles from my town to ft. Payne and havent had a single problem since. I run 93 fuel. It has 13000 miles and i believe 29 % oil life left. Any advice wpuld be appreciated
No way would they shut of the engine with a low oil warning... Just think of the chance of a accident trying to get into traffic and the cause was from manufacturer installing a cutoff...
A dealer in MI, Mel Far Ford installed cutoffs on customer vehicles that were high risk loans and they would shut off the car when they didnt make a payment... Caused a load of accidents and he got his ass sued off big time...
Someone else has had that happen to them here... Bdrag I think... Think it was just the weird angle and low fuel...
This can be tested too.. The next time you change the oil only add 3 or 4 quarts and see if it will start up? Of course shut it off as soon as it starts... Tell ya what... I am do for a change I will try it...

Last edited by Hockster; 03-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I had this as well once super icy at a stop sign went to take off and had no traction at all that's when low oil pressure light came on and I had to shut the truck off turned it back on popped it into four wheel got off the ice hasn't happened since. I was so confused my step dad is a mechanic so I asked him what was up he said it was probably due to traction control but I have no idea I'm no brain at this stuff what do you hockster?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ap1ts3
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.2 Tuxedo Black
Recon lights (headlights, tail lights, third brake light) Bakflip F1, Cravenspeed Stubby, Dual 4 inch Rigid LED, Vision X Evo Prime 40 inch LED behind grille
Baldwin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Originally Posted by Baldwin09 View Post
I had this as well once super icy at a stop sign went to take off and had no traction at all that's when low oil pressure light came on and I had to shut the truck off turned it back on popped it into four wheel got off the ice hasn't happened since. I was so confused my step dad is a mechanic so I asked him what was up he said it was probably due to traction control but I have no idea I'm no brain at this stuff what do you hockster?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ap1ts3
I have not heard of this happening and, it has never happened to my truck ever... I have been stuck in some nasty shit too!!! You are saying the low oil light came with the truck still running? You then had to stop, shut the truck off restart in order to get the truck to move?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lord of the Raptors

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've heard of this. Truck will shut off for low oil pressure. The guy I know was low on oil.

treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Originally Posted by treypal View Post
I've heard of this. Truck will shut off for low oil pressure. The guy I know was low on oil.
So, what you are saying is if you are driving down the road and your oil sensor goes bad the truck will shut off...

Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
I have not heard of this happening and, it has never happened to my truck ever... I have been stuck in some nasty shit too!!! You are saying the low oil light came with the truck still running? You then had to stop, shut the truck off restart in order to get the truck to move?
The light came on and everything electrical, radio, lights were on but the engine cut off. So I turned the key took it out put it back in and started her up ran perfectly

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u4cfwh

6.2 Tuxedo Black
Recon lights (headlights, tail lights, third brake light) Bakflip F1, Cravenspeed Stubby, Dual 4 inch Rigid LED, Vision X Evo Prime 40 inch LED behind grille
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by treypal View Post
I checked my oil after it happened was fine I had an oil change two weeks earlier no oil leaks or nothing

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?w1r3zz

6.2 Tuxedo Black
Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Originally Posted by Baldwin09 View Post
The light came on and everything electrical, radio, lights were on but the engine cut off. So I turned the key took it out put it back in and started her up ran perfectly

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u4cfwh
So, the truck stalled and thats why all the warning lights came on... Why it stalled is another thing... Since everything is controlled by a computer now its so hard to say what happened... Ive seen them just stall for no reason other than circumstances were just right... Like wheel turned, a bit low idle, a small hiccup come to a abrupt stop and the truck stalls...

Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Just the one warning light came up nothing else I'm glad I haven't had an issue since lol. Raptor Al hopefully you don't have any more problems

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t4olyt

6.2 Tuxedo Black