Engine Bay Knock/Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently, I had my truck in for the TSB 12-03-10, Canister Purge Valve replacement. The truck had rough start after refueling and a loud ticking from the engine bay. After it was replaced, still have a loud ticking from the engine bay, which the lead technician calls it the injectors sound. I have had this sound since brand new so I am not too concerned about that.

What I am concerned about is the knocking/rattle sound I heard immediately after picking up my truck from the dealership. My truck now has 15,800 miles. I took it in at 15,500 miles. Before those 15,500 miles I have NEVER heard this noise before, but the 300 miles I have driven in the past couple weeks I have heard this knocking/rattle noise every single day.

This is what it sounds like (I suggest wearing headphones or else you won't be able to hear it well):
Ford Raptor Knocking Noise - YouTube

The lead technician calls this normal. Within the most recent 300 miles, I have noticed the sound getting 1-3% louder and a lot more frequent. I would really appreciate any help...