Electronic Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigredsrt10

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2013 Raptor. At 2250 miles 8 started having electronic issues. First the AdvanceTrack service indicator come on. Then the hill decent fault indicator come on. Then the information screen and the center console goes dead and then comes back on just like starting the engine. Once the information center and center touch screen come back on, the information center starts cycling all sorts of error message, so fast I can not keep up wit the. It will cycle through the information center and center touch screen going dead and coming back on multiple times before it quotes going dead. It end always with the AdnceTrack service indication light staying on and sometime with the engine check light staying one. When I turn off the engine and restart all the error lights stay out until I drive again and the same issues come up again. It happens at road speed and slow speeds. I have had it to the dealer. They tell me they have never seen this before and that also told me that they called Ford and Ford is reporting they have never heard this before. The dealer service replaced the ABS sensor, telling me that fixed it. It did not. Today when all of this happened, there was an added grinding or hissing noise that took place to 3 to 4 seconds before the sound went away. Has anyone had this issue or heard of it? I would appreciate any response as I have no faith in the Dealer Service and am losing faith in this truck.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know where I would start. It sounds like a short...but where. Did you recently get your truck wet or wash it?

If so check the third break light for water intrusion...That could cause the Advance track, hill decent and ABS codes.

Do all your wheel controls work correctly for the radio? the reason I ask is it could be a bad clock spring.

The clock spring is a special rotary electrical connector which allows a vehicle's steering wheel to turn while still making an electrical connection between the steering wheel airbag and/or the vehicle's horn and other devices and the vehicle's electrical systems. The clock spring is located between the steering wheel and the steering column.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
possibly a charging system problem or body control module? if the voltage drops it can wreak havoc on electronics. Start with the simple stuff.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Bird that it may be the BCM. Don't give up on the truck. I would have a frank discussion with the service department. Don't yell, just explain that your new truck has a warranty problem and it will be fixed and it will be dealt with now. if you paint them into a corner where they can't just put it off they will figure it out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly a charging system problem or body control module? if the voltage drops it can wreak havoc on electronics. Start with the simple stuff.

Bird said Havoc...

Seriously, keep on the dealer...and good luck...

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an entire write up of the similar thing that happened to mine. It took me a long time to find it and actually a mechanic at the dealer accidently found it.
Long story short. If you run with your driver seat all the way in the lowered position, raise it up an inch or two and see if the problem goes away.
Good luck.
Mil T

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/my-tough-issues-18487/
Look at post #17

Last edited:

kateterry

Reaction score
Oh, because of this electronics, there are so many problems, it would be better that it be rethought, or replaced by something permanent, rather than on such an unstable thing.