Electrical/No crank problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tivbs

Reaction score
Electrical/No crank problem [SOLVED]

Hey All,

Ive noticed a few "no start/crank threads" but here's a new one and this is my out of nowhere situation I'm dealing with.

My Raptor is 13'

I'm in AK and its been really cold (single digits) and I had the factory battery still and I knew its around the time to replace the battery and expected a drain or dead battery due to the cold temps.
Here's what happened.

Last drove Monday night, nothing unusual or odd happened except noticed a weaker crank (assumed due to cold temps/new batt due)

The next day I try to remote start, nothing happened. Get in my truck and still had power/lights/indications and tried to start and no crank over. Just figured I needed to replace the batt anyways so took care of that. Got the new batt in and got in the truck, got power/lights/indications PLUS new alerts/warnings.

"911 Assist fault - 911 Assist is not operational. contact dealer for service" (on center sync display)

"service AdvanceTrac" and then "trailer brake module fault" (gauge display alerts)

AND the truck wont crank over still.

Ive checked fuses which were not blown and even replaced relays (start and start/run) and nothing.

I did notice in the manual that it said a "8 hour sleep" may be required by the battery management system and so I let that happen over night and still the same situation.

Only thing left for me to do is check the starter but why is there all the other faults as well? And how the crap did this happen out of nowhere??? Never had any problems with this truck until now. Just wanted to get your input on what I can do before I send it to the dealer which it will have to be hauled to...

Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
OP
OP
tivbs

tivbs

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to say its my starter but I did voltage test on it and not getting any signal to the solenoid with key turn. Relays are good, fuses are good. Tried my spare key to see if it was a security problem but no. Must be the ignition switch?

I just hate I'm getting those other alerts and warnings too out of no where. Dont understand how I went to, unable to drive a perfectly good truck in 10 hrs by just sitting over night!

Sending to dealer next week.. Let you know what I find out.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is dead in the driveway too. It looks to be the transmission range sensor. My codes are P0706, P0707 and (probably unrelated but coincidental) P0740. It needs a new molde leadframe in the transmission. The 2010s need to be reprogrammed by the dealer too. That means some strangers' hands will be touching my truck. :baby:

OP
OP
tivbs

tivbs

Reaction score
[solved]

If you have not already check these links.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snb10QH_KO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouCX2bNwDk
Also someone here had a problem with the transmission range sensor.

I'm happy to report I didnt give up and got i solved! I was too bothered to admit defeat.

After retracing power with meter and test light, I knew for a fact the problem laid with the start relay/terminal.

Here's the crazy part. Besides the battery, the start relay was my biggest suspect and i bought 2 replacement relays. 2! It turns out both of them were faulty when purchased. So the whole time I thought it wasnt the relay because what is the chance that both new relays I bought were faulty!!

After watching these vids (thanks btw) I figured what the hell. Though, the terminal connectors were fine and were not pushed out, I decided to use the jumper wire for poops and giggles. As soon as the jumper was placed I heard power connect to other modules and relays. "NO WAY"

Sure enough. It starts. No more faults.

BOTH RELAYS I BOUGHT WERE BAD! Took em back, got one this time. Put it in and all is well in life. Wow... All this headache for nothing. I'm so glad I didn't send it to the dealer....

Thanks for the input.

D

Deleted member 12951

Replace the battery dumb *******

Did you even read the thread Chris? The guy already replaced the battery. He seems very knowledgeable and figured it out and posted the solution.

Why are you being an *******? I know you feel this place sucks but do you really need to be posting shit like this, lighten up dude.