Driver Side Front Door Rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA Soldier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2013 SCREW that has not yet seen any dirt (unfortunately). However I am getting a constant rattle in the Drivers side front door. It sounds like rubbing between the weather stripping and the door, although I cant confirm this is the problem. Has anybody else seen this issue and if so what is the fix?

spartan117

Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCAB and the doors sound like they are gonna fall off when im in the rough stuff. I am currently waiting on some 3/8 surgical tubing to do the surgical tubing weather stripping fix. apparently it works wonders. Just keeps the doors tighter you should look it up there is a instructional video kicking around here somewhere i think. Either that or have the dealer adjust the strikers on the door.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCAB and the doors sound like they are gonna fall off when im in the rough stuff. I am currently waiting on some 3/8 surgical tubing to do the surgical tubing weather stripping fix. apparently it works wonders. Just keeps the doors tighter you should look it up there is a instructional video kicking around here somewhere i think. Either that or have the dealer adjust the strikers on the door.

This is the thread/video you're talking about:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/door-seal-fix-surgical-tubing-11515/

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2013 SCREW that has not yet seen any dirt (unfortunately). However I am getting a constant rattle in the Drivers side front door. It sounds like rubbing between the weather stripping and the door, although I cant confirm this is the problem. Has anybody else seen this issue and if so what is the fix?

I have the same problem although very very minor (doesn't help that I am completely neurotic when it comes to rattles and squeaks).

On a separate note. My previous car (2010 Camaro) had a rattle in the dashboard. Naturally the dealer did not hear it. On a sunny Saturday I removed the dash and found a lose washer (nut not tightened down).....problem solved.......wife came home though before I was finished and had a heart attack seeing the whole dash assembly laying on the lawn.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad rattle that was coming from the backside of the driver side door. It sounded like metal tapping against metal. I fixed it by removing panel and sliding 3/8 surgical tubing down the locking rod as far as it would go. Lubrication needed. Zero problems now.