Driver Side Door Wind Noise over 60MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCat27

Reaction score
So, im about fed up with this thing, 2014 SCAB with 28,000 miles on it. I have been working with Ford on and off for ab a year trying to get this annoying wind noise and shaky mirror fixed. I read a couple threads ab the mirror and will check out what was suggested.

The wind noise is driving me insane. It sounds like the window is ever so slightly cracked, but i can assure you all windows are up.

Any help is appreciated, we have done the following:

1) Replaced the driver mirror
2) Replaced the driver door seal molding
3) Aligned the top of the door
4) Taped gaps inside and out, still makes noise

Still the same wind noise over 60. Below are some pics of the driver first compared to the passenger (which is quiet). Anyone have any other suggestions or had this issue and can help before my next round with them?

Circled in Red is the area i am hearing the noise coming from:
e8d9c36b-9890-4edd-8fc1-4991d2948821_zpssaqvpcqg.jpg
bd343110-d328-43f5-99b8-ed51178afc05_zpssfx4zcor.jpg
image113_zpsv2lyvrgd.jpg
image32_zpsj8nzsdig.jpg

Driver side
image41_zpsdnvnhcku.jpg

Pass
image7_zps0fr3irzz.jpg

Driver side
image5_zpsw9q0auxp.jpg

Pass
image6_zpspifqdyst.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Turn the radio on, LOL

But seriously, What if you blue tape the entire doors. If it goes away then start removing until it comes back. Seems like a better approach then added a little on at a time. If after trying that and it still makes noise, then tape the windows. Try eliminating it first then work backwards.

OP
OP
J

JCat27

Reaction score
Turn the radio on, LOL

But seriously, What if you blue tape the entire doors. If it goes away then start removing until it comes back. Seems like a better approach then added a little on at a time. If after trying that and it still makes noise, then tape the windows. Try eliminating it first then work backwards.

I thought exhaust would take care of it! Good idea, tape up everything and work that way to pin point. Ab to try that.

have they tried reprogramming the windows?

I didnt know they could do that, you thinking the window might not be going up all the way?
I actually started noticing the noise after my window switch on that side stopped working and had ford replace it...hmmm

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the door handle seals? I had a bad gasket on the actual pull of the handle and it caused a wind noise.

OP
OP
J

JCat27

Reaction score
Did you check the door handle seals? I had a bad gasket on the actual pull of the handle and it caused a wind noise.

Nope, but be sure i am going to tape that thing up and see if it stops the noise.

Crazy we have to go through all of this as owners to figure this kind of stuff out...Ford just shrugs their shoulders each time i bring it in

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the window has anti pinch so it detects if theres something in the way and will roll down. the windows need to be programmed to remember the distance and resistance so it can stop in the up position without rolling back down due to the anti pinch. if the widow didnt get programmed right, it may not be going up all the way. however you would usually hear the noise from the top not the rear

OP
OP
J

JCat27

Reaction score

Raptoe13, Went tape crazy on it today up and down the interstate and sure enough taping up the door handle did the trick. Ford thinks they plastic barrier inside the door panel or the gasket on the door handle itself is bad. Ill post up what they come up with next week when i bring it in.

Thanks again for the info and help!!