Driver Seat damaged in accident, Dealer struggling to fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordService 911

Hit in accident and Driver's seat damaged. Was stopped at light when driver hit me doing 40mph.

Is now too much front to rear play in seat back and when using power adjustment on seat back, there is a "skip" that repeats two times as seat back goes all the way back to reclined. It's as if there are gears or sprockets in the system and a tooth is broken off.

Problem is Dealer cannot figure out what part is damaged.

1st they checked seat track/base.
2nd they installed a new motor for seat back.
3rd they removed seat back frame which has a sprocket on each side at bottom. No broken or visually obvious damaged teeth.

???
Dealer has had truck since Wednesday 8am, as I pay for a rental. (Even though I have ESP Ext Warr.)

Responsible insurance company wants "Proof" that seat was damaged in accident.

Help

Thx.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
They are not currently supporting the forum:
Hi folks,

We will be stepping away from this forum temporarily. If you need help, please don't hesitate to reach out to the FordService team on Twitter and Facebook; their contact information appears in my signature below. For immediate assistance, I recommend reaching out to your Ford Dealership or our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Thank you for your patience!

Crystal

OP
OP
JD 500

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks KaiserM715.

Saw that and have called the cs# and opened a case.