Driver and Passenger Door Rattle(s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTXRaptor

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering how many other people out there have terrible rattles in both on their front doors. Both of mine rattle like crazy when going over bumps, off road, etc....
What are my options? Should I take it in to a local dealer or body shop...or should I take the doors apart myself to diagnose the problems?
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
VTXRaptor

VTXRaptor

Reaction score
I decided I will schedule an appointment and take it in to the dealership. What can they do to fix it though is my question?

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided I will schedule an appointment and take it in to the dealership. What can they do to fix it though is my question?

IMO if they don't offer to send a mechanic with you to test-drive so that you can identify the noise to the mechanic that would tell me they really don't care about trying to fix the noise.

As far as what they can do to "fix" the noise; they may be able to adjust how the door sits on the latch. Perhaps it currently sits too high and that is the cause of the "rattle" sound. I am not a trim mechanic so I can't speak that intelligently about possible solutions unfortunately.

Off topic, do you by chance live in Victoria, Tx?

OP
OP
VTXRaptor

VTXRaptor

Reaction score
No, I live in Vernon, Tx and use The Ford House in Wichita Falls. They are a great dealership. I dropped my truck off their today and they will have to keep it over the weekend and I should be getting it back Monday. The service rep I dealt with was very nice and understanding for how 'picky' I may have sounded. He agreed that if he paid $60,000 for a truck that is only a year and a half old it should not have that many rattles. I don't really know what they did or were going to have to do, but I am hoping something changes before I go CRAZY.:ROFLJest:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts