GEN 1 Double Honk

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone know why it would be double honking when I try to lock it and set the alarm via the remote? I've checked all the doors and it still does it.

2014 Factory alarm with the Ford Remote Start

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the hood switch. Mine did that too a while back. That stupid double - nutted thing over there loosens up over time and turns just enough to screw things up......

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Maybe check the hood contact switch?

I can finally get it to stop by opening and closing all the doors. Then it sets and within about a couple minutes, the ambers start flashing and I get this text msg

FRM:Remote Access Alerts
MSG:Alert from * 14' F..., at Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:36:18 +0000 the security system was triggered by a door opening.

Then I will unlock with the remote and then sometimes it will lock and alarm just fine.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I can finally get it to stop by opening and closing all the doors. Then it sets and within about a couple minutes, the ambers start flashing and I get this text msg

FRM:Remote Access Alerts
MSG:Alert from * 14' F..., at Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:36:18 +0000 the security system was triggered by a door opening.

Then I will unlock with the remote and then sometimes it will lock and alarm just fine.

Have you checked the hood switch just to make sure? Or you may have a door latch that's starting to go, but that's much less likely.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you (or your mechanic) slammed the hood closed. The hood pin bracket could have been bent down. It is located on the drivers side.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks. I unplugged and plugged back in the hood pin and bent the bracket up. Will see if that solves it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the hood switch just to make sure? Or you may have a door latch that's starting to go, but that's much less likely.
not as unlikely as you think. I have traced back many door mechanisms on fords in my days as an installer. including my own vehicle with the same problem. they use an assembly that has door lock and door trigger in one piece. mostly happened in the mid-late 90s but, it definitely is not as common as before, however they still use the same type of setup.