Dorman IWEs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you run Duralast IWE's? I have all but given up on anything from Autozone lately. I've had nothing but bad luck with anything but name brand oil & filters from them Cheapo Chinese parts Hockers :flipthebird:. Sure they warantee them, but that doesnt cover the cost/time/aggrivation to replace their substandard parts when they go out way too soon. Sorry for the rant, but Autozone SUCKS ASS. They didnt used to be that way.

Got a pair of Dormans ordered on Amazon for next weekend install. I hope they are at least up to par with OEM.

Unfortunately the iwe issue is a design flaw imo. If your running a 2012 or later and have a torton front diff. its an even bigger issue. No one has much luck with IWE's. There gonna break just pack them with lots of grease and keep using that warranty.

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I replaced both of mine with Dorman after the seal tore. 0 issues on road and very hard off road 2wd/4wd

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
had 2 ford new ones at home from tasca...and of course i broke one a couple hundred miles away. bought a dorman from autozone (lifetime warranty), thinking about sending the ford ones back