Dorman IWEs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
DO any of you have experience with Dorman IWEs? They have them on Amazon for under $75, which seems cheap. In general, Dorman parts arent bad, but I dont know about these. Dont know how much they are through Ford, but usually the box for a part like this would be about $50 alone from Ford. Your thoughts?

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Dorman iwes on my truck and they are as reliable as the ford ones at a fraction of the cost.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dorman makes the IWE's for Ford
I thought you knew that.

Someone on here said that the Dorman makes the IWE for Ford.

In any case, quite a few on here use the Dorman IWEs from either RockAuto (a FRF forum vendor) or Amazon. I have two I carry for spars and they will go on the truck the day Ford quits covering mine under warranty.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duralast (sw9320) and tech smart (L3001) also makes them and they come with a 1 year warranty unlike the doorman.
I always keep one in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duralast (sw9320) and tech smart (L3001) also makes them and they come with a 1 year warranty unlike the doorman.
I always keep one in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you run Duralast IWE's? I have all but given up on anything from Autozone lately. I've had nothing but bad luck with anything but name brand oil & filters from them Cheapo Chinese parts Hockers :flipthebird:. Sure they warantee them, but that doesnt cover the cost/time/aggrivation to replace their substandard parts when they go out way too soon. Sorry for the rant, but Autozone SUCKS ASS. They didnt used to be that way.

Got a pair of Dormans ordered on Amazon for next weekend install. I hope they are at least up to par with OEM.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You can buy the Dorman IWE's from O'reilly's for a bit more ($115 I believe) and they come with a lifetime warranty.
I've bought one and just keep going back and swapping them out. I think I'm on my 5th now for the $115.00
Can't beat that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free