GEN 1 Denying Warranty Work, or Ignoring the Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my truck in for the 40k maintenance. I've got the "clunk" that they fixed last time too at the 35k maintenance, the drivers door speaker crackles now and then, and when the A/C compressor kicks in it rattles for a second or two. Oh, and the Red Stripe on the steering wheel is rubbed off...

1) I remember reading on here how others they had the same issue with the red stripe and it was covered under warranty, but the Ford Dealer here is saying it is "absolutely not covered". Can anyone speak to this?

2) Is there ANYTHING I can do about them constantly saying "cannot replicate customer concerns."? It's like the default answer for every issue so they do not fix / repair / replace it.

I have the extended warranty, paid maintenance, and my dealership is Bill Alexander Ford Lincoln in Yuma, AZ. Anything else that you need to help me please feel free to let me know.

Edit: The clunk is VERY noticeable, front passenger side suspension movement. The speaker is annoying. The Compressor I kind-of get, I've only heard it under cold start using the remote starter.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Probably heard this or seen other post it but go to another dealer and try to get Crystal involved @FordService.

I drive farther and go to a different dealer because so far they have been taking better care of me with warranty work when the one that is 1 mile from me would deny everything or do things wrong all the time.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had both front speakers replace under the extended warranty. They are covered.

I have also had the steering wheel replaced for the faded red stripe also replaced under warranty.

If the clunk is noticeable, what is the issue? Do they not know what it is from?

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the a/c "rattle" or "click"?

I have premiumcare and have had both front speakers and the temperature blend motor (for clicking noise) replaced. I actually asked about the red stripe when my truck was in this morning and they told me they have one in stock and will replace it whenever I want.

I'd either escalate with Crystal from Ford or find a better dealership.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would check with other raptor owners in your area. unfortunately even though crystal is here to help, i ran into no success with her. my truck is now in california 1200 miles away at a dealer because my friends there has a very friendly dealership that is actually willing to help and get things done. i have had 4wd problems since i bought the truck. dealer here in colorado springs did absolutely nothing to try to fix it. they went as far as to say i need new tires before they could diagnose my problem. unfortunately it seems every ford dealer here is the same owner so that means when service comes due, i may be driving to wyoming to visit a dealer another raptor owner suggested i try. from the principal standpoint, i will not visit ANY PHIL LONG dealership nor have them touch my truck ever again. dealers who deny warranty are the same dealers who give excuses to charge you for things you dont need. they also torque your lugs to 250ft lbs and deny the broken lugs.........

D

Deleted member 12951

i would check with other raptor owners in your area. unfortunately even though crystal is here to help, i ran into no success with her. my truck is now in california 1200 miles away at a dealer because my friends there has a very friendly dealership that is actually willing to help and get things done. i have had 4wd problems since i bought the truck. dealer here in colorado springs did absolutely nothing to try to fix it. they went as far as to say i need new tires before they could diagnose my problem. unfortunately it seems every ford dealer here is the same owner so that means when service comes due, i may be driving to wyoming to visit a dealer another raptor owner suggested i try. from the principal standpoint, i will not visit ANY PHIL LONG dealership nor have them touch my truck ever again. dealers who deny warranty are the same dealers who give excuses to charge you for things you dont need. they also torque your lugs to 250ft lbs and deny the broken lugs.........

What is your DD now?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my truck in for the 40k maintenance. I've got the "clunk" that they fixed last time too at the 35k maintenance, the drivers door speaker crackles now and then, and when the A/C compressor kicks in it rattles for a second or two. Oh, and the Red Stripe on the steering wheel is rubbed off...

1) I remember reading on here how others they had the same issue with the red stripe and it was covered under warranty, but the Ford Dealer here is saying it is "absolutely not covered". Can anyone speak to this?

2) Is there ANYTHING I can do about them constantly saying "cannot replicate customer concerns."? It's like the default answer for every issue so they do not fix / repair / replace it.

I have the extended warranty, paid maintenance, and my dealership is Bill Alexander Ford Lincoln in Yuma, AZ. Anything else that you need to help me please feel free to let me know.

Edit: The clunk is VERY noticeable, front passenger side suspension movement. The speaker is annoying. The Compressor I kind-of get, I've only heard it under cold start using the remote starter.

Thanks in advance!

Hi SchultzLD,

As some of the other folks suggested, reach out to me via PM so I can look into this. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had the same experience... Two issues of denied warranty claims, and neither one of them Crystal was able to assist. It depends on the dealer or region you are in. Both of my items were turned over to the regional service manager who was a useless *****. It's disappointing, but I do understand where dealers don't want to step up and cover warranty out of their own pocket when FOMOCO won't pay them back.

OP
OP
SchultzLD

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, advise, and experience shared.

In line with some of the guidance I received, I called and talked to different service rep and explained some of the stories here on the Forum, and to my surprise he said he understood and will have his guy look further into it.

I just got a call... They are replacing the AC Compressor, Speaker, and they said the front U-Joints. Still no luck on the red-stripe. I will PM Crystal on that and any other issue(s) that might pop between now and when I pick up the truck. I really hope they can get it done soon, one vehicle for a family is painful.