Dead battery and key doesn't work???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says..... found my battery was dead this morning which isn't a huge problem since I do have a charger/starter. Went to open the door to pop the hood and the keyless entry didn't work for obvious reasons. Went to open the door with the key and IT wouldn't work. Had to call Ford's roadside assistance to send someone out.

This can't be the norm. Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:

blpp

Reaction score
Yes happened to me. i work 2 to 3 weeks at a time out of town. so truck sits.
my 2011 Raptor aways started up. my 2014 does not. the battery dies. Dealer says there is a draw on the battery that is normal. So they did nothing.
so i bought this it's arriving monday. hope it works.
Amazon.com: Battery Protector (T4): Automotive

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to test that device with a window rolled down. What's the difference if it somehow disconnects the battery when it gets too low? You may end up with no power to open the doors. A better solution would be a battery maintainer when you park it for extended periods. There are several brands and they come with quick disconnect plugs, etc. One widely popular brand is, CTEK Multi US 7002 | CTEK Battery ChargersCTEK Battery Chargers

You can find it cheaper than the suggested retail price on the company's Web site.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
My battery died on my 2012 but I was still able to get in with the key. It happened twice and then I got a new battery