Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65SC

Reaction score
only have 10K miles and my battery dies after sitting for 24hrs. anyone else having battery problems?

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. Last weekend I was putting the finishing touches on my decks. Had the truck parked in the yard with the ACC's on listening to the radio ALL DAY. Started it a couple of times just to make sure it would turn over and didn't have a problem. Drove the truck around for a bit afterwards just to charge the battery back up and still seems fine. Hope you figure it out.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only have 10K miles and my battery dies after sitting for 24hrs. anyone else having battery problems?

The good news is Ford will replace it.

When I had my drive shaft replaced I did notice that they made special note of testing my battery, I figured something is up with a lot they have out there. Since then I moved stock battery to 01 super crew and put a yellow top Optima in my Raptor. Sam's club 167.00, this is a good price for this battery.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Yellow tops are the only ones to get IMO. The red and Blues seem to go bad right after the warranty.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to get the battery tested and see if its good. If the battery checks out ok, then the trucks got a parasitic electrical draw. Does the truck have any aftermarket electrical accessories?

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the appeal to the Optima battery? They seem very expensive for a battery?

Spiral wound plates , greater surface area , AGM construction absorbed glass matt. This is arguable if it is better as typically AGM batteries are used for deep discharge applications. You could not get the yellow top for some time a few years back as the Milatary was buying them all up . Great durability for physical punishment , etc.

Optima 12 Volt Performance Battery - Sealed Batteries by Optima

Optima Yellow Top Battery - Deep Cycle YellowTop Batteries

raptorgirl

Reaction score
Still dead after 2 batteries, 8 trickle charges, and 3 repair shop visits.

I feel your pain. Have 5K miles on Raptor, and dead multiple times a month. Been told many different explinations with no solution found. I know how agrivating it is. Anyone found a solution?