Dash Light for Rear Defrost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get a quick turnaround on this ?
Just need someone to confirm if you push the rear defrost button you get a small amber light.
My truck was used when purchased and nearly everything in the panel lights up when touched except that button.
If it matters I'm a 2014 SCrew.
Thanks

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get a quick turnaround on this ?

Just need someone to confirm if you push the rear defrost button you get a small amber light.

My truck was used when purchased and nearly everything in the panel lights up when touched except that button.

If it matters I'm a 2014 SCrew.

Thanks

Yes it should light up. Have you tried opening and shutting the rear sliding window? My button wasn't lighting up either so I checked the window and it wasn't closed all the way. My son must have messed with the button when I wasn't in the truck.

Edit: There should be contacts on the glass too, also make sure the window edges are clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. I'll look into it now that I have a starting point.
I needed to confirm it had a working light at some point.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you. I'll look into it now that I have a starting point.
I needed to confirm it had a working light at some point.

I highly doubt the light is burned out, but you can also try the climate control on the nav screen and see if it lights up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this issue just before Thanksgiving. I had Ford Customer Service contact the dealer to cover the rear defrost window replacement under warranty.

I was told that the contact points of the rear window were not properly engaged, so they just replaced the rear defrost window.

David

OP
OP
N

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give that a shot as well.
I'm going to have some down time this weekend and plan to install a catch can and figure out the light issue.
Obviously it isn't anything critical to the vehicle, but I like to stay on top of things as much as possible.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Common issue. The whole rear window needs to be replaced, ****** design. If you come up with a fix please post as I'm sure many could benefit.

OP
OP
N

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this issue just before Thanksgiving. I had Ford Customer Service contact the dealer to cover the rear defrost window replacement under warranty.

I was told that the contact points of the rear window were not properly engaged, so they just replaced the rear defrost window.

David

Hmm. I'm still under warranty. May have to have them fix it if it winds up being more than a light.
You wouldn't think a 2 year old truck would have a burned out LED this early in life, but you never know.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Common issue. The whole rear window needs to be replaced, ****** design. If you come up with a fix please post as I'm sure many could benefit.

I'll post up when it's resolved so everyone has closure.
Too much happening until Friday or Saturday for me to get in and play with it.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'm still under warranty. May have to have them fix it if it winds up being more than a light.
You wouldn't think a 2 year old truck would have a burned out LED this early in life, but you never know.

Yeah, I really doubt the amber light indicator has burnt out.

One way to confirm, is see if your rear window defrosts when you press the button.

Either way, from my recent experiences, it appears you will need to have the rear window replaced. It's great that you are under warranty, it will be covered.

David

OP
OP
N

navywolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had time to mess with it and the rear defrost officially doesn't work.
Took it to the local dealer who reconfirmed rear defrost doesn't work. They took apart the molding and took a bunch of pictures to prove it was original/undamaged.
Paperwork being submitted to Ford for warranty replacement.
Thank you all for the help.