Cranks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ps7075

Reaction score
2012 Raptor
Went out start the truck, turned the key and it cranks extremely fast but won't start. Also, while cranking, I let go of the key and it stayed cranking-had to manually turn the key back to stop it. Never had any problems with the truck - only thing new is last week took it in for a recall where they had to update the software.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2012 Raptor
Went out start the truck, turned the key and it cranks extremely fast but won't start. Also, while cranking, I let go of the key and it stayed cranking-had to manually turn the key back to stop it. Never had any problems with the truck - only thing new is last week took it in for a recall where they had to update the software.
Sounds like good old fuse 27
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

OP
OP
P

Ps7075

Reaction score
Fuse was burnt. Changed it and same thing. Disconnected battery and reconnected and no change. Tried remote start and no difference. Funny thing is when I turn the key, it cranks extremely faster than normal and if I let go of the key, it stays cranking - key doesn't turn back back as normal on its own.

OP
OP
P

Ps7075

Reaction score
Got it. Used a fuse the first time that was bad. Starts up now. Found that where the fuse plugs in was burnt also. Is there a fix for this?

OP
OP
P

Ps7075

Reaction score
Went to the Ford dealer and got the kit-$23.00. Installed in 45 minutes and everything is good. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad this thread was started

Just had the same thing happen to me last night. Left me stranded at a gas station, had it towed to dealership. I told them exactly what I read in this thread and it was spot on. Definitely saved me some time.