Cracking Tires

• Thread starter Deleted member 17706
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 17706

Its dry rotting, nothing you can do about it. Get rid of them as soon as you can, not really safe anymore. These are original KOs, they were notorious for that. The rubber texture, outside elements can contribute to this, you also drive like a grandma, just kidding... KO2s is night and day different. Like others said contact BFG and see if they can offer any $$$ help.

So I went to Costco and Discount tire and both techs said the cracking was only cosmetic. They tested all four tires and concluded the structure of the tire was fine. As a result, no money towards a new set of tires! BFG told me on the phone that the cracking might only be cosmetic. In order to get a prorated value for my tires a tire shop would have to sign off on it.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
My cracking was a lot less than yours and I got pro-rated new K02s. Try another tire place.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I went to Costco and Discount tire and both techs said the cracking was only cosmetic. They tested all four tires and concluded the structure of the tire was fine. As a result, no money towards a new set of tires! BFG told me on the phone that the cracking might only be cosmetic. In order to get a prorated value for my tires a tire shop would have to sign off on it.
Of course, everyone wants to make money not deal with prorated warranty issue. ..Contact BG directly and ask them to direct you to the distributor of their choice in your area....

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The first tire store told me this also. I went to a 2nd and they approved the replacement.

D

Deleted member 12951

All my tires have looked like that. I have not had an issue with them.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had all 5 original KO's replaced under warranty. I had no issues getting them replaced under warranty.
BFG was very good about it. I even called them up to request a higher percentage of pro-rate, and they complied....No Hesitation on the part of BFG.