Couple of Questions (rev limiter, etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was at Banimere last night and was telling a couple friends how the throttle blade doesn't open fully until like 4500rpm and that it wouldn't rev past 3000/3500rpm in nuetral. At which point I laid into the throttle and it went well passed 3500, I stopped when it hit 5k. Completely factory, no tune, no nothing.

Next up is I have the TORQUE app and the scantool.net adapter and noticed that the throttle position would never go passed 75%, stopped or during a drag. Is this the app or is there something else going on here?

And I guess lastely, I have noticed that first thing in the morning when I start the truck up. The first 2-4 seconds will be smooth, then for 7-15 seconds after that the RPM's drop and it idles pretty rough. If I flog it when that starts happening it will idle fine. Or after the 15 or so seconds it will smooth out. I did notice that the vaccum falls way off when that happens by watching TORQUE. Is this normal or...?

Banned
Reaction score
What are the raptors limited at speed wise.

-Posted with my iPhone.

OP
OP
IoN6

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine shuts down right at or just under 100mph, which fits with the 99mph limiter that it is supposed to have from the factory.

Banned
Reaction score
Wonder why it's limited to 99mph... I guess so people don't go insane off road?

-Posted with my iPhone.

Banned
Reaction score
Ah ok. I'm sure they could handle more then 112 though :p

-Posted with my iPhone.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An S-rated tire is nominally capable of a sustained speed of 112 mph. I'm sure that if you went 115 mph, it's not going to blow up. Or even 120 mph at short burst. The STL (standards testing labs) test requires a tire to be tested at increasing speeds in a stepwise manner at 77F on a smooth wheel and sustain the rating speed and load rating without structural failure for 10 minutes.

View attachment 3979

Last edited:
OP
OP
IoN6

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great info and all, but completely unrelated to my questions :(

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was answering 6.2 questions.

I was looking into getting TORQUE for my android, and bluetooth kiwi obd ii module.

I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, after seeing some others having issues with the bluetooth connection.