Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemedic343

Reaction score
I have a 2014 6.2 and the thing has had a gremlin about leaking coolant (among so many other issues) for a while now. It's had the upper hose replaced, the lower hose replaced, the water pump replaced (all the sources of the leaks), and it's still spontaneously popping up. My only theories are that the pressure is getting way too high and causing it to seep out wherever it can. I conclude this based on hose fittings coming loose and when tightened is when the coolant begins to squeeze out where the water pump is sealed against the front of the engine.

Any other thoughts or solutions anyone can add?.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go have a pressure test done to the tank. You probably have a small spilt somewhere that only leaks when it's warm. These are plastic tanks after all.......

OP
OP
F

firemedic343

Reaction score
Go have a pressure test done to the tank. You probably have a small spilt somewhere that only leaks when it's warm. These are plastic tanks after all.......

Tanks good, no issues there. The leaks are apparent and visibly identifiable, just nobody can really seem to determine why other than the water pump putting a high pressure out through the system.

The leak spots are the hose connections and the water pump housing seal side against the block, in the picture you can see where it's dripping down the case from the pump

Tried to get these to rotate but they still keep uploading sideways, apologies

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

firemedic343

Reaction score
lol I actually tried. They refused to agree to sell me one if I was just going to take the EcoBoost out and replace it with a TVS equipped 5.0