Controlling MyFord Touch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firemedic343

Reaction score
I know this will be a bit of a stretch but is there any redundancy for controlling the SYNC 2 system without the use of the screen itself? I'm departing for an 1,800 mile journey soon and could definitely use the cooled seat and at the least be able to connect a new Bluetooth device.

Backstory: Rear ended 1 month after buying the truck back in 2014 (2014 model) and my girlfriend at the time had a hot apple cider that got splashed on the dash, only really affected the left seek button (just caused it to stay depressed) until the winter of last year when i noticed that the digitizer became unresponsive in the cold but would work again above around 38°F albeit the calibration was a bit off but that's quickly fixed through re-calibration. It started doing it again the last couple weeks and I decided I would take a peak behind and see what was going on.

After everything was out and I had the assembly out I noticed it got some splash effect as well so I cleaned it up and separated the display from the module and turns out one of the four circuits in the ribbon cable for the digitizer had a very minor separation in it which led to full separation after fondling. The digitizer no longer functions at all so I can't do anything with the screen.