Condensation in front marker light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that I had quite a bit of condensation and a little pool of water inside the LED marker light on the front, driver's side fender. I checked it for rock chips, cracks, etc and did not see anything. The water had been in there long enough for the electronics inside to turn green.

I took it to the dealer this morning, after speaking to a service adviser over the phone last week. He told me that they needed pictures of the light and pictures of the truck to send in for approval for a warranty repair, especially because it was a Raptor. This struck me as odd. What difference does it make if it is a Raptor? If the light is not damaged for road debris, it should be replaced, as my truck is still under warranty.

I guess we will see what happens...

Last edited:
OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I heard back from the dealer that they now have the light in stock (which means the warranty repair was approved). I will go on Friday to have it done. I will try and get a pic put up of the old one.

Flboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a bit ridiculous. You would think they would instead be like, "oh it's a Raptor please bring it in and we'll gladly take care of it."

agcsr25

Reaction score
I have spoken to a couple of ford dealers that have been mod friendly. They have told me that they are being questioned by ford on all raptor claims and have to wait on approval by ford. Apparently ford asks if there are any mods, signs of abuse and have to send pics many times. Alot of times this is not good enough and the regional rep has to inspect it. I wonder how many members are experiencing this?

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I got it replaced today with no issues. The part number is AL3Z-15442-B.

I asked why they take the pics and he said they do that on all trim items for all vehicles.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, my rear marker light has condensation in it.

I took it in today because it went out (almost) and because of the condensation.

The led bulbs were on but VERY faint. They said the LED marker light was NOT covered under my Ford ESP Platinum Plan and that I need to pay for it.

I find that a bunch of BS because these are not bulbs that you can just pop in and out. Also, aren't LEDs suppose to last 10s of 1000s of hours?

Ridiculous! IMO.

Rant Over... :)

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are covering 3 of mine as well as the third brake light. Sounds like bs to me. They took pictures and sent them in and got approved