Climate Control Issue, Need Help: Blend Door Actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakehobbs

Reaction score
So I recently noticed that the passenger side air in my '10 SCAB is not changing temp regardless of what is says on the controls. I have NAV with the dual climate control and I have tried every single setting in the book but the passenger side continues to blow hot air while the driver side seems to be fully functional on the temp settings. Im out of warranty and definitely dont want to take it to the dealer, im not apprehensive to dive into this repair but I want to go in fully prepared. Hoping someone on the board can help direct me to a good idea of the part that has gone bad in this particular instance. My intiial research led me to the blend door actuator, but I do not hear a clicking of any sorts. So could that still be the issue with no sound?

This "how-to" seems pretty straight forward(if it is indeed the blend door), but I want to make sure im ordering the exact part number I need. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/blend-door-actuator-replacement-part-numbers-38438/

Advice anyone? Part number? Im not sure if the drivers side and passenger side are different parts/locations.

I know a fair amount of you have had this issue but it was fixed under warranty, lucky! If you'd be willing to look at your paperwork to see what they replaced that might help guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just found my ac blowing hot....I didn't check passenger side....I'll check and find out if I'm in the same boat as you

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hard off roadin breaks the blend door i guess....

yep just checked... AC ice cold passenger side and hot driver side. looks like blend door for me too...
FUN!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jakehobbs

jakehobbs

Reaction score
So does anyone know the part number I am looking for? That's what I'm trying to verify

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what part number....I think it depends on if you have dual zone climate control..when mine is done I'll post a part number.