Chassis ground under shifter bezel or close by?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think right inside the little pop out panel next to glove box, there is several grounding points.

I used a continuity tester to find a good ground..

-Greg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i just had 2 f150's apart. with all the plastic there i dont think you would find a good ground point. i didnt necessarily look for one, but i think its better going elsewhere. also depending on the electronis being connected, you shoud meter the ground. if you have more than 10ohms resistance, it can cause some sensitive electronics not to work

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the shifter bezel out and there's nothing but plastic staring me in the face. I see some wires going up under the dash so I'm going to try and route my wire down and over under the glove box and ground it there. This should't be a "sensitive" install. It's the mode switch for the OnX Led bar. You push it once and it grounds a signal to the bar to change modes Hi Intensity->Half Intensity->Strobe and back with each press.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the shifter bezel out and there's nothing but plastic staring me in the face. I see some wires going up under the dash so I'm going to try and route my wire down and over under the glove box and ground it there. This should't be a "sensitive" install. It's the mode switch for the OnX Led bar. You push it once and it grounds a signal to the bar to change modes Hi Intensity->Half Intensity->Strobe and back with each press.

The impedance of the ground connection by the glove box is near zero.
Also do you have a picture of the mode switch?