Changing VCT Solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a P0013 code throwing. The dealership told me its the Bank 1 VCT Solenoid that is the issue. Has anyone does this replacement or can give me advice on doing this work? Id rather not pay them $500 to fix it if I can do it. Thanks.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the instructions from the shop manual:

Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) Variable Force Solenoid
NOTICE: The Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) variable force solenoid pins must be fully depressed to avoid interference with the VCT valve tips when installing the solenoids. Failure to follow these instructions can result in damage to the engine.

NOTE: The LH or RH valve cover must be removed to perform this procedure. For additional information, refer to Section 303-01D .

NOTE: The bolts are part of the VCT variable force solenoid and cannot be removed.

NOTE: Position the VCT variable force solenoid and tighten the bolts in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
Stage 2: Tighten an additional 45 degrees.

Item Part Number Description
1 W700005 Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) variable force solenoid bolt (part of 6B297) (2 required)
2 6M280 VCT variable force solenoid

Removal and Installation

Refer to the procedures and/or exploded views in this section for any Warnings, Notices, Notes, Materials, Specifications, and Special Tools. Items in the exploded views may not be listed in order of removal.

Attachments

• SE2~us~en~file=N0110683_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG
    SE2~us~en~file=N0110683_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 115