Capacity limit of USB drives in MFT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the MFT recognizing the usb drive if you are trying to listen to music from them. Is there a limit to the capacity of the drive?

I have 2gb's usb's drives that work and the 7gb's I have no matter what I do MFT does not see them.

I have tried formatting both ways fat 32 and NTSF.

Anyone else know anything about this. I couldn't find anything in book.

OP
OP
Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2gb is Toshiba and works, the others I do not know, unmarked. Maybe its just that brand it does not like.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a had a Ford for many years now, some drives dont read properly, some lockup, some never a problem... I have not tracked what exactly are the MFG companies that cause a problem.... Try a good quality 8gb or even 16gb you can get a patriot memory for about 9.99 for 16gb at Fry's and I have never had a problem with them....

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im currently running a 128gb centon flash drive and it works fine. Make sure your drive is formatted in the correct formatt. i believe mine is exFat...

OP
OP
Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its in fat 32. What I did was test them on my TV and VCR. Two Work and two do not, they never get picked up. The brand just says Ultra on it.

Has to be these drives. I have a bunch of new ones ordered, I'll give everyone an update on brands that worked, hopefully they all work when they come.