GEN 1 Cab and bed cap measurement on screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab and bed gap measurement on screw

Replacing cab mounts and i would need some help with right gap between cab and bed. My cab has shifted forward and gaps are not equal on both sides.
i did measure from Scab and its 1" but don't know is the gap same in Screw.
if someone could measure that for me, thanks guys!

Pic is from side that is smaller. other one is around 1.34"

Attachments

• IMG_3065.jpg
    IMG_3065.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
OP
OP
JtoU

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate if someone could help me. I could imagine that it's same as on Scab but since i already have marks on the corner of cab of bed hitting it, i would like to try avoid getting more by having right gap.
Thank you.

OP
OP
JtoU

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thats it, I'm going to put 8" lift on it and Rancho's if no one helps me with this one :lol2:

D

Deleted member 12951

SCREW. But doubt that mine is exactly as factory. My bed has been off and move to new frame and I lifted it off some when I was installing the shock reinforcement kit. Upside down measurement is passenger side.

1356fd07d3e65cc4b5cdef61de524a36.jpg

e1882daec8daade96bfa5a165904856c.jpg

OP
OP
JtoU

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCREW. But doubt that mine is exactly as factory. My bed has been off and move to new frame and I lifted it off some when I was installing the shock reinforcement kit. Upside down measurement is passenger side.

1356fd07d3e65cc4b5cdef61de524a36.jpg

e1882daec8daade96bfa5a165904856c.jpg

Thanks. Yours is pretty much same as mine. More confused now than i was :) I know mine is shifted forward since cab mount was tilted forward and half way out from frame. we did measure other places from frame and those all had .4" difference to mine. I don't mind if the gap is bigger but i can't pull bed backward that much to keep that big of gap.
If i could get confirmation from someone that has not taken the bed out and even better if truck hasn't seen any offroad :ROFLJest: might need to wait till Jen2 comes out for that one :crazy:

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks. Yours is pretty much same as mine. More confused now than i was :) I know mine is shifted forward since cab mount was tilted forward and half way out from frame. we did measure other places from frame and those all had .4" difference to mine. I don't mind if the gap is bigger but i can't pull bed backward that much to keep that big of gap.

If i could get confirmation from someone that has not taken the bed out and even better if truck hasn't seen any offroad :ROFLJest: might need to wait till Jen2 comes out for that one :crazy:

Yeah, mine's never been off-road, LOL

Problem is they come off the line not 100%. I've seen threads here of folks having the dealership straighten the beds out. My rear bumper was off and had the dealership fix it before I took delivery when it was new.

Bent all cab mounts, that sounds familiar. Playing lawn darts?

OP
OP
JtoU

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine's never been off-road, LOL

Problem is they come off the line not 100%. I've seen threads here of folks having the dealership straighten the beds out. My rear bumper was off and had the dealership fix it before I took delivery when it was new.

Bent all cab mounts, that sounds familiar. Playing lawn darts?

Kinda, bumper hit on a second whoop and it was pretty big hit but i think it saved me from anything bigger damage.