A/C cooling problems --

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 SCREW. Anybody else have a problem with the A/C getting air to cool? I've taken mine in to the dealer and service says everything's fine. Most of my past vehicles have cooled air out of the vent to around 42 degrees, it's been a while since I checked my Raptor but I think it was well into the 50's.

I live outside of Phoenix so A/C is important. I also have a 2006 ford 350 dually along with the Raptor -- night and day with the cooling. Dually will freeze you out.

The Raptor will cool better on the highway at higher speeds but fails badly in stop and go traffic or even constant lower speeds around town.

Any ideas?

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed mine the other day struggling to keep up... in only 85* heat.

I think I noticed its lack of power after my tune recently. I'll try going back to stock to see if anything changes, because I do not recall the problem before

Nemesis

Reaction score
Having same issues with my A/C. I can get it down in the low 40's at night, but during the day it stays in the 50's. I have a thermometer in one of the vents all the time now. Even my wife commented that it just never really gets cold.

I also live in Phoenix and A/C is very important. My truck is a 2013 with 14K miles on it. I think I will also try to take it into the dealer and let them tell me it is operating properly.

I am also thinking that while I am there to go get into another truck, hopefully a Raptor, and test the A/C with the same thermometer and see if there is a difference just idling.

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not been driving the Raptor lately but I will check the temp. I am in Surprise AZ. . I do drive my 2011 F150 everyday and have an analog gauge in the vent. I noticed it around 50 DEG. usually in most stop and go traffic etc. but gets to 42 deg. with some highway driving like down grand ave, etc. Tim

OP
OP
S

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn, that's what I was afraid of..."within dealer specs"

I took mine in about a year ago and was told the same thing. I posted with the hope that it wasn't a common occurrence but I guess it is.

I've had a lot of Fords and never had a problem with A/C. It's strange they would have a bad A/C on every model year of Raptor but I guess they do.

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm driving my raptir today and I don't have my gauge in it, but I swear it feels colder than my f150

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2011 SCREW. Anybody else have a problem with the A/C getting air to cool? I've taken mine in to the dealer and service says everything's fine...

Hi spirit - and other folks who are having A/C concerns:

You could always go to a different dealership for a second opinion, if you'd like. I can also get your regional customer service manager involved if you've already received a diagnosis. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealer.

Crystal