A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's because of the ******** refrigerants they are using now. R-12 is long gone, R-22 is gone too. What are they using now? R-134a? Has something to do with CFC's causing oxygen molecules to become unstable and break apart O3 (ozone) and form 02(oxygen) which in turn depletes ozone ...or the ozone layer.

Screw that shit I just want cold A/C

Agreed! I want the truck to freeze me until I have to turn up the temp!

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my 2013, I think is a little weak sometimes but it always seems to be blowing cold, I guess I feel it could be a little quicker in cooling off the cab, the air coming out of the vents is pretty cold, especially if I use the max A/C button. Once it gets cool in the cab, I go back to auto and set about 69 and use the recirculate button and then it seems to get colder pretty quick.

If you are talking about the fan inside, I think mine is really loud too, it just seems really nice when it finally turns down a speed!

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be a temperature delta spec for the system. One time I had the AC in a truck checked at an independent shop. They measured the outside temp, and then ran the system (not in recirc) and measured the temp by placing an AC thermometer in a vent. They then had a table that told them how many degrees lower the temp in the vent should be for given outdoor temps and humidity levels. I'm sure one could find that somewhere online.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was after about 10 minutes in slow to medium traffic on max a/c, recirculating air although it was hot today, 97.*

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 136

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I leave my temp gauge in the vet allways and mine with regular (not max) ac on is about straight up 40 degrees and a day similar to yours. If it gets warmer colder with differant speeds/engine RPM you are off on amount of freon in the system. I had a similar issue with my last truck, froze you out at idle and warm at rpms freeway speeds. My buddy has radiator ac shop and he adjusted to lowest temp for the given RPM range I drive. Many shops may not work with you and call it within spec, which they said mine was..... HA!!!:buttkick:

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leave my temp gauge in the vet allways and mine with regular (not max) ac on is about straight up 40 degrees and a day similar to yours. If it gets warmer colder with differant speeds/engine RPM you are off on amount of freon in the system. I had a similar issue with my last truck, froze you out at idle and warm at rpms freeway speeds. My buddy has radiator ac shop and he adjusted to lowest temp for the given RPM range I drive. Many shops may not work with you and call it within spec, which they said mine was..... HA!!!:buttkick:

Thanks, I kind of figure I'm going to get the run around on it. Maybe an A/C specialty shop can adjust it for me.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20130717_160327_578.jpg
Here is mine this afternoon at 4 pm and 96 degrees out. Agree that the new refrigerant is not as good as the old days and my guy says it is more critical to have proper amount in the system, too much or too little throws the bell curve/peak off... good luck post what you find....:handshake:

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep me updated! No, not the seat fans. The front of our trucks have extra electric fans that kick on when your engine starts running hot or an extra load is being put on it. When I use max A/C, the fans turn on and are pretty loud if I'm at a traffic light. I don't really notice them once I'm moving. But I've had a few people ask why it's so loud.

My fans are the exact same way. I was parked next to an old dodge cummins and you could not hear his motor over my loud fans. My fans kick on high about 5 min. After I start it. My 2010 never did that and my dads 2012 doesn't sound like that either. My ac isn't very cool either. I am supposed to run it by the dealership this week I will let y'all know what they say. I am also having a ticking noise that changes with rpm. It sounds like an exhaust leak. Anyone else have that noise?

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fans are the exact same way. I was parked next to an old dodge cummins and you could not hear his motor over my loud fans. My fans kick on high about 5 min. After I start it. My 2010 never did that and my dads 2012 doesn't sound like that either. My ac isn't very cool either. I am supposed to run it by the dealership this week I will let y'all know what they say. I am also having a ticking noise that changes with rpm. It sounds like an exhaust leak. Anyone else have that noise?

Please do and thanks!

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's because of the ******** refrigerants they are using now. R-12 is long gone, R-22 is gone too. What are they using now? R-134a? Has something to do with CFC's causing oxygen molecules to become unstable and break apart O3 (ozone) and form 02(oxygen) which in turn depletes ozone ...or the ozone layer.

Screw that shit I just want cold A/C

134a is standard in cars and refrigeration Bird.

Nothing will beat r-12 ever. I have to say though my 13 cools really well. Like you said before he may want to check the charge, its possible that the system is over charged too.