A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was cold at first. Now it only manages cool even on max. It goes in Thursday. Hope it isn't like my Lariat. That one has gone thru 2 compressors and other misc repairs and was only right about 1/2 the time. By aux fan are you meaning the a/c seats? The blower for the seats is rather loud on high. FYI dealer had tried telling me my old truck ac was working when it would barely cool. Don't be afraid to grab a thermometer and prove it to them. Or better yet ask them to compare to any random new one on the lot... always works. Mine is a 13 also

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Please keep me updated! No, not the seat fans. The front of our trucks have extra electric fans that kick on when your engine starts running hot or an extra load is being put on it. When I use max A/C, the fans turn on and are pretty loud if I'm at a traffic light. I don't really notice them once I'm moving. But I've had a few people ask why it's so loud.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha on those fans. I just wasn't sure. I agree, those are pretty loud too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one in my Raptor works great, now if I get one for my f'n bike. It's hot down here..., then again my ex's tells me I better get use to it.....

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My AC is the same way. It likes to turn the recirculation off. If I turn that on it will usually be plenty cold enough but the thought has crossed my mind that it feels weak. The radiator fans are louder than most vehicles but I just blamed that on their size and how much air they're moving.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My AC is the same way. It likes to turn the recirculation off. If I turn that on it will usually be plenty cold enough but the thought has crossed my mind that it feels weak. The radiator fans are louder than most vehicles but I just blamed that on their size and how much air they're moving.

Yeah, sometimes it feels pretty cold but not freezing like other a/c's in my previous vehicles. Just makes me think I'm not quite getting the complete power of the a/c. The auxiliary fans do have to cool down a large engine. My truck is black so that probably doesn't help.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

open your vents on your rear console...that helps a lot.

Thanks.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 in Phoenix and my AC rocks. We had a 2005 Yukon Denali XL which was also fantastic, and several BMWs which are decent. It's been over as high as 120 here this summer and the Raptor has blows cold air in like 20 seconds.

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 in Phoenix and my AC rocks. We had a 2005 Yukon Denali XL which was also fantastic, and several BMWs which are decent. It's been over as high as 120 here this summer and the Raptor has blows cold air in like 20 seconds.

I envy you haha. I have a feeling my truck is within spec but weak. I'm not sure why in 2013 some auto's a/c's are still weak.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It's because of the ******** refrigerants they are using now. R-12 is long gone, R-22 is gone too. What are they using now? R-134a? Has something to do with CFC's causing oxygen molecules to become unstable and break apart O3 (ozone) and form 02(oxygen) which in turn depletes ozone ...or the ozone layer.

Screw that shit I just want cold A/C