Broken Turn Signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got this truck a couple of weeks ago and like how the turn signal works compared to my 04 F150 that I got rid of. The left works fine but anytime I use the right signal it would flash the brights. Yesterday it broke where you can't keep the brights on and the self cancelling signal doesn't work either direction, it's like a limp **** on the steering column. I popped open the top cover of steering column to get a part number.

pmFXLTXyj

I can't find a part using that number, but found this one instead.

More Information for MOTORCRAFT SW7044

Hope this one works because I ordered it already.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to order that part when my wipers wouldn't shut off and I was needing to pull/replace the fuse to operate them. Make sure your replacement has the front camera washer option if your truck has that.

OP
OP
Carsten89

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the SW7044 (part# EL3Z-13K359-AA) switch from rock auto wasn't the right one, even though it has the front camera option. Everything worked with the new switch except for the extended turn signal, all it would do is flash 3 times. I ordered switch SW7453 (part# CL3Z-13K359-AA) tonight, let's hope it works.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to order that part when my wipers wouldn't shut off and I was needing to pull/replace the fuse to operate them. Make sure your replacement has the front camera washer option if your truck has that.

Could you elaborate on this? I think I'm having the same issue but it only happens when it's wet out. I wasn't aware that the truck had auto-wipe when it's raining but I can't operate them and they're on the lowest setting when it wipes by itself. Very annoying because if it stopped raining or is misting, it smears shit all over the windshield and is a serious issue.

Or maybe the truck does has the automatic wipe and it sucks.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on this? I think I'm having the same issue but it only happens when it's wet out. I wasn't aware that the truck had auto-wipe when it's raining but I can't operate them and they're on the lowest setting when it wipes by itself. Very annoying because if it stopped raining or is misting, it smears shit all over the windshield and is a serious issue.

Or maybe the truck does has the automatic wipe and it sucks.
As far as I know, no raptor has auto wipers. My issue started out as intermittent. I'd turn my wipers off and they'd stay wiping on the lowest setting. I'd turn them all the way on them snap the switch all the way back and they'd stop. Sometimes I could restart the truck to get it to stop. Then after a while, they started staying on constantly. At that point I pulled the wiper fuse. All your directionals and stuff still work, just not the wiper or fluid. I bought a spare switch as soon as I started having the issue then let it continually get worse til it failed all together. Then I swapped the multi function switch. It's a 10 minute repair.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, no raptor has auto wipers. My issue started out as intermittent. I'd turn my wipers off and they'd stay wiping on the lowest setting. I'd turn them all the way on them snap the switch all the way back and they'd stop. Sometimes I could restart the truck to get it to stop. Then after a while, they started staying on constantly. At that point I pulled the wiper fuse. All your directionals and stuff still work, just not the wiper or fluid. I bought a spare switch as soon as I started having the issue then let it continually get worse til it failed all together. Then I swapped the multi function switch. It's a 10 minute repair.

Ok good to know. That is exactly what mine does as well. Going to highest setting and snapping it sometimes works, turning truck off sometimes works as well. Do you have an exact part number or are the numbers posted above by Carsten correct?

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok good to know. That is exactly what mine does as well. Going to highest setting and snapping it sometimes works, turning truck off sometimes works as well. Do you have an exact part number or are the numbers posted above by Carsten correct?
I can't be sure.. I ordered mine through a dealership and they ran my vin and confirmed it was the correct part. Just do that and you'll get the right one. Just specify it needs the front camera washer on it, as long as that's an option your truck has.

OP
OP
Carsten89

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't be sure.. I ordered mine through a dealership and they ran my vin and confirmed it was the correct part. Just do that and you'll get the right one. Just specify it needs the front camera washer on it, as long as that's an option your truck has.

The picture in the first post is the original switch. Why it has a T in the part number I don't know, because the box has a Z. I put my VIN in at fordparts.com and there's two switches that come up for the front and rear camera. I chose the SW7044 when it's probably the SW7453 I need. Here's the link with what comes up with my VIN, the switches are on page 2.

Buy 2013 Ford F-150 Parts | FordParts.com

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked out all the "turn signal" and "washer" switches and saw they're basically all the same thing, but I believe it is the SW7453 you need. That $61.07 looked really familiar (photographic memory). And if you buy it through a particular dealership parts store, I think you can get a few bucks off. But I think this is the one. http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...2&search=true&year=2013&make=Ford&model=F-150

Let us know how it works out!

OP
OP
Carsten89

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out all the "turn signal" and "washer" switches and saw they're basically all the same thing, but I believe it is the SW7453 you need. That $61.07 looked really familiar (photographic memory). And if you buy it through a particular dealership parts store, I think you can get a few bucks off. But I think this is the one. 2013 Ford F-150 Turn Signal Switch | FordParts.com

Let us know how it works out!

Yep, that's the correct part. I installed it today and everything works.