Broke down, anyone heard this?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was running fine today, made several trips throughout the day. After running into the store i got back in my truck, cranked it up, and it started to idle very rough. I tried to drive but the engine was shuddering and simply sounded like it could barely stay on. Has anyone heard this before? Not sure what the issue would be.

https://vimeo.com/169308063

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
john.rubicon.54

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I've already burned up half a tank since the last time I filled up. It never went away so it's about to get towed.

OP
OP
john.rubicon.54

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the fuse and it was good. Disconnected the negative battery cable for a minute but it didn't change anything. I don't have a clue so I guess we'll see what ole ford can figure out.

NC Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe one of the pulleys...

I had a tensioner pulley go out about three months ago and it ran fine for a week until they got the part in (I tried not to drive it anyway) but the damn thing sounded like a diesel :ROFLJest:

Good Luck

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh damm…I would definitely not drive it like that, regardless of the fix. Mechanic/diagnostic time.

NOLA

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a coil pack died and its running on less than 8 cylinders. If youre doing the work yourself, unplug and plug the coils one at a time. Notice the coil that does not make the engine running condition worse, that could be the coil thats bad. Only do this if oil pressure is good and compression is good

OP
OP
john.rubicon.54

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have the time and sufficient knowledge to wrench on my own stuff. I'll let a mechanic check it out so I don't cause other issues lol. I'll also report what they find in case someone else ever has that issue.