GEN 1 Brakes squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qfastvette

Reaction score
Every time I back up and touch the brakes they squeak very bad? I put all new brakes and rotors and it still doing the same thing still? Has any one had this problem?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just replaced front ones with stoptech cryo treated rotors and hawk pads, the rears are still stock and they are still making noise when backing up. I guess it is what it is.

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brakes were the same way. Took them in under warranty and told the dealer to fix it.

They said you drive like a ***** and need to hit he brakes harder sometimes.

Check and check

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brakes were the same way. Took them in under warranty and told the dealer to fix it.

They said you drive like a ***** and need to hit he brakes harder sometimes.

Check and check

My stock brakes (and tires) lasted 50,000 and ALWAYS squealed backing out of the garage slowly first drive of the day....especially when the weather was cold.

Finally replaced brakes (and tires) and STILL does it.

The truck is a daily driver but as 'Street King' as you can possibly get....

Couple of hard brake stops probably wouldn't hurt....

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock brakes (and tires) lasted 50,000 and ALWAYS squealed backing out of the garage slowly first drive of the day....especially when the weather was cold.

Finally replaced brakes (and tires) and STILL does it.

The truck is a daily driver but as 'Street King' as you can possibly get....

Couple of hard brake stops probably wouldn't hurt....

Mine don't do it anymore after a good set up stops. So just stand on em a couple times and it'll wear off