Brake Pads & Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit 37,000 miles on my 2014 Raptor and the front brake pads are shot and so are the Rotors.... Because the alignment pins Stuck. The pins sticking caused one end of the pad to wear down to the metal and ruin the rotor also. This happened on BOTH front wheels. The dealer is telling me this is NOT covered under warranty. That it is a maintenance item... If it is a maintenance item why doesn't the dealer clean and lube them ? I understand pads and rotors are wear items BUT the pins are what caused the problem.... I have taken my truck in to the dealer for all maintenance up till now. Has anyone else had the guide pins stick ? Was it covered under warranty ? Thanks,

D

Deleted member 12951

Brake Pads & Rotors

One of my rear pins was stuck that we tried and tried to get it out and it broke. Ended up having to drill it out. I bought a set for both sides and replaced them myself, including new rotors and pads all the way around. I have a 14' and only 27k miles. Pads were done and it needed it but I drive hard and have been offroad and in mud

Never even considered having the dealership deal with it, figured maintenance and my doing. I did have my rotors warped in front at around 20k miles and the dealership did turn them under warranty.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hit 37,000 miles on my 2014 Raptor and the front brake pads are shot and so are the Rotors.... Because the alignment pins Stuck. The pins sticking caused one end of the pad to wear down to the metal and ruin the rotor also. This happened on BOTH front wheels. The dealer is telling me this is NOT covered under warranty. That it is a maintenance item... If it is a maintenance item why doesn't the dealer clean and lube them ? I understand pads and rotors are wear items BUT the pins are what caused the problem.... I have taken my truck in to the dealer for all maintenance up till now. Has anyone else had the guide pins stick ? Was it covered under warranty ? Thanks,

I can see the pads no covered under warranty as they are a "wear and tear" item. The rotors on the other hand should be covered. To follow the dealers logic, one could make the case that every part of the truck is a wear and tear item for that matter. If you are taking your truck to the dealer for routine service they should check the breaks as part of their checklist.

Keep after em...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a rear caliper stick due to a stuck pin. The dealer replaced the caliper and was going to cover the rotor. Pads were shot and gave me a chance to upgrade. I provided the R1 pads and rotors and the dealer installed them. I think we split the labor cost.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
S

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far my dealer does NOT want to do anything about the rotors or pads. I have a case # with Ford themselves and now it is a waiting game.

OP
OP
S

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A update on my rotors --- after going around in circles with my dealer and then getting Ford Motor Co involved --- Ford will cover my rotors --- I had already paid for it so now I am waiting on Ford to reimburse the dealer and then they will give my money back... Glad it is over. I just wish I didn't have go thru all the BS to get this covered. At least it ended in my favor.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey sully, just curious, you do a lot of off roading and mud. Rick on here said his did the same but kinda alluded to it maybe rode hard and mud did it. Just curious if yours fits into that category or is this a problem we all should look for? Thanks