Brake lights turning on all exterior lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights acting very weird!

Noticed that when I have the light knob turned all the way to off, hitting the brakes not only lights up my brake lights, but all of the exterior lights minus headlamps. That's turn signals, LED marker lights, everything. If I flip the blinker on while holding the breaks, all lights blink in time with the blinker except the opposite side tail lights, those turn off.

If I have the lights knob turned to parking lights or headlights on, everything seems to work normally.

Anybody had this happen? Just had it at the dealer for oil change/service, I'm hoping they didn't jack something up. Didn't notice it on the way home from dealer, but then again it wasn't dusk/dark outside either.

I'm hoping that I can fix this with a battery disconnect or loose wire or something stupid simple before I resort to driving it back to the dealer. That's a 200 mile round trip and likely a day off work.