Brake calipers sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience this problem...when I release the brake pedal the caliper(s) won't release. After a few seconds, or when I hit the gas they will let go. It does not seem to happen in reverse, only when I am going forward. It's a 2014 with 700 miles on it and I haven't had any off road fun with it yet. I'm debating on looking into it myself or going back for warranty. I just hate when they say that they didn't see anything wrong.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Anyone experience this problem...when I release the brake pedal the caliper(s) won't release. After a few seconds, or when I hit the gas they will let go. It does not seem to happen in reverse, only when I am going forward. It's a 2014 with 700 miles on it and I haven't had any off road fun with it yet. I'm debating on looking into it myself or going back for warranty. I just hate when they say that they didn't see anything wrong.

Crystal on here can help you escalate it if you can't get your local service department to help you

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck does hold the brakes to prevent it from rolling backwards when on inclines. Brakes release after a couple of seconds or when you give it gas.

OP
OP
R

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really!! I didn't know that. I was in my driveway when I noticed it, which has a slight incline. I could not get it to repeat the sticking when on the road. As soon as I got home and back in the driveway, it did it again. Did the 2011 model have this feature? I never noticed it in my last Raptor. Thank you very much for the input.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, here's a little more info about the feature:

"Hill Start has been added to all 2012 F-150 trucks. If you are stopped on an incline with your foot on the brake, the system will hold brake pressure for up to 2 seconds after your foot's removed, preventing the truck from rolling back as you switch your foot from the brake to the accelerator."